A normal day at Camp Half-Blood

Percy POV

     I had barely opened my eyes, when I saw my girlfriend, Annabeth, with a smug grin on her face. I was too late when I noticed a bucket full of water above my head. She poured it on my face and I immediately sat up, wide awake, bumping my head against hers.

     "Oww! Did you really have to do that?" I whined, "I was already waking up!" Annebeth smiled mischievously and pecked me on the lips.

      "Well, I tried to wake you up earlier, but I think waking up a log would've been easier." she responded. "Hurry up and get dressed. Breakfast in 15 min."

     I grumbled something about breakfast being so early, and slowly slid off the bed. After I took a shower, I felt much more refreshed and awake. Then I changed into my everyday outfit, my wrinkled, orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, shorts, and converse.

     I was happy to see Annebeth waiting for me outside my cabin. I gratefully took my hand in hers as we took our time walking towards the dining pavilion.

     Ever since comimg from Tartaurus, Annebeth and I grew even closer and we hated being separated. Because of this, Chiron allowed us to eat at the Posideon table as well as sleep together in the cabin. I was really greatful for that.

     At breakfast, as I slid one of my blue pancakes in the fire, I prayed for a normal school year. This was going to be my senior year and I was determined to focus and not be interrupted by any mid-year, unexpected quests or monsters or whatever. It was definitely not the time to be distracted.

     I joined Annabeth, who was already eating, and dug into my blue pancakes while she was eating a bacon and spinach souffle. Almost the whole time we ate, I was staring at her beautiful face, wondering how such an awesome person as her love such a stupid me.

     "What?" She asked me.

      "What, what" I responded with my mouth full.

     "Why are you staring at me?" She asked with narrowed eyes. I looked in her beautiful stormy grey ones as I said

     "I was just thinking about how beautiful you look, and how could you like such a stupid guy like me. I must be pretty lucky." Annebeth smiled widely,

     "Aww, so sweet of you!"

      "Do I get any kiss for that?" I asked, really hoping she would. In response, our lips drew together and we kissed.

     In the background, I heard most of the Aphrodite cabin, pointing and giggling something about how Percabeth was the cutest couple.

     After breakfast I went straight to the sword arena to get ready for the lesson. Since I was the best swordsman in camp, Chiron asked me to be the teacher. I was really excited at first, but after a while, I had started getting a little bit impatient with some kids.

     After the lesson, the kids begged me to duel with Annebeth. She was the only person in camp who could actually beat me. She was amazing with her dagger. ( lets just pretend she didn't lose her dagger or laptop in Tartarus) But she had started using it when she was seven, so I guess it was a bit unfair because I had only started with the sword at twelve. Well anyways, I ran to her cabin to bring her over. Her face was hidden behind a large book( no surprise there) about architecture throughout the ages.

     "Hey Annebeth," I called, "how about a little duel? Everyone wants us to. Actually, they probably want to see me beaten, but whatever, maybe I can try to beat you this time." Annebeth laughed. Gods I love it.

     "Yeah, good luck with that" she smirked.

     Two minutes later, we found ourselves facing each other in the arena. Both of us were in our battle stances waiting for the other to strike first. When I saw that Annebeth would not start, I decided to make the first move. I aimed at her legs but she jumped up and used her wieght to try knocking riptide from my grip. Unfortunately for her, I was strong. Instead of the sword falling out if my hands, I twisted her dagger which flew into the air. Annebeth probably saw that coming and made a leap for it. She caught the dagger by its handle, rolled under my legs and stood up with her knife to my neck before I could even turn around.

     Eveyone clapped hard while I looked at Annebeth who was grinning. I fake glared at her when she said

     "Great job seaweed brain but you'll never be better then me." My mouth slowly slid into a smile.

     "I think you are right wise girl" She kissed me then ran off back to her book. I didn't understand how she had the patience to read that.

     After the duel, I went to check on Blackjack. We had a silent conversation in our heads that went something like this. Yo boss, bring me any donuts? Sorry, not today and don't call me boss. Sure, whatever you want boss. I sighed. Whatever. Need me yet? Any quest you need me on? Sorry Blackjack, no quests, but you want to stretch out a bit or something? Go on a ride for fun? Sure boss, a little stretching would be great.

     I had an awesome time flying with Blackjack over the camp and lake.

     That evening, after dinner, Annebeth and I walked down to the beach. We just held hands as we talked about our fun adventures with the seven. At some point we were even crying because of some really funny things Coach Hedge had done.

     "Hey guys" someone behind us said. Surprised, I turned around to see the huntress, my super annoying cousin, Thalia.

     "Hey Thalia, what's up girl, I haven't seen you in a while." I said with a smile as we hugged. She smiled back, but it disappeared as quickly as it came.

     "What's wrong?" I asked.

      "Chiron wants you, Nico, and I to come over to the big house." Immediately I knew something was wrong. We never had to go there unless it was a counsolers meeting or quest or something.

     "See ya Wise girl, gotta go, sorry" I waved goodbye as I ran towards the big house.

Dun dun dun. My first chapter!! Please comment, I need to know what you guys think. Bye!
-AlwaysBooks7