Let's Kick Some Dragon Ass

Percy pov.

     I woke up with water being poured on my face. Immediately, I jumped up wide wake.

     "Percy! The task in ten minutes, you've overslept! Come on, I've been trying to wake you for the past half hour!" Yelled Harry frantically.

     I pulled off my shirt to change but felt his eyes burn holes into my back. I tried looking over my shoulder to see what was wrong with my back but I couldn't really see anything.

     "Is something wrong with my back?" I asked confused. Harry traced a cold finger on one of my longer scars.

     "Where did you get these?" He asked, shocked. I shrugged and turned around. I felt kind of weird because he was all sort of small and skinny and it made me feel like half giant with all my muscles. Not to show off or anything.

     "Most demigod have scars. I have the most though because..." I sighed.
     "I wasn't planning to tell you this now, but I guess its the right time. I was on this very major quest and sometime in the middle of it, I fell  to Tartaurus with Annebeth. Tartaurus is literal hell, and we came out barely alive." I shuddered at the thought as I threw on my shirt and continued. 
     "Camp is the only safe place for demigods. When we are not in camp, we are always chased by monsters. It is hardest for children of the big three. We have powerful scents that monsters can smell from very far off. But anyways," I continued, trying to lighten Harry's mood," today is the first task." I grabbed his arm and started running to the champion's tent.
     "Come on, Harry, time to kick some dragons ass! Last one there is the rotten egg!" Harry rolled his eyes, but started running alongside me.

     Once we burst into the tent breathing heavily, everyone glared at us.
     "You ees late end make us vait for you." Fleur scolded. Then I turned around when I heard a click on my right. It was Rita Skeeter, taking a picture of Harry and I. We both growled and glared at her which backed her down. Viktor also didn't seem to like her.

     "Vut are yoo doing heer? Dees tent for champions only. Get owt end leev."
He said with his funny broken eastern European accent. Rita looked frightened and scuttled out of the room.

     "Thanks man." I tried giving Viktor a fist bump but he didn't seem to get it. My next ten minutes were used for teaching Viktor how to fist bump. He sure had a hard fist. When he finally got it, he almost broke all my fingers two times.

     Not much later, a man named Ludo Bagman brought a bag with miniature dragons in it. Mr. Bagman was the bag man. How ironic.
     Fleur was first. She put her hand in the bag and brought out mini dragon.

     "Ah...the Welsh Green. Good luck, Mrs. Delacour." Viktor Krum got the Chinese Fireball while Cedric Diggory, was to fight a Swedish Short-Snout. Harry got the Hungarian Horntail.
     "Oooh... A feisty one. Good luck." He turned to me and I closed my eyes and reached into the bag. The dragon was red and had big spikes down its back and tail. I analyzed it, forming a plan in my mind on how to defeat it. Mr. Bagman winced.

     "This one is the Romanian Long tail. Very hard to tame and as Harry's is, very feisty. A difficult one that is. Good luck to both of you." I could see that he pitied Harry and I for having the most difficult dragons and being the youngest and most inexperienced. He had no idea how wrong he was about me. Well he was right about me being inexperienced with wand, but he knew nothing of my awesome sword skills.

     Anyways, before he left, he told us that the task was to get the golden egg from under the dragon. I raised my hand.
     "Are we allowed to kill the dragon?"  Mr. Bagman raised an eyebrow.
     "You are permitted to do anything with the dragon as long as you get the egg. Fleur Delacour you will be going first." She nodded nervously and walked out into the arena.

     Many times we heard people cheering her to go and other times we could almost hear them holding their breath. This got me kind of nervous. Usually, when I fought monsters it was a matter of life or death. To fight for the entertainment, made me feel like I was back in the Labyrinth fighting for some giant's amusement.

     When Fleur came back with a large golden egg in her hands, I felt relieved to see that she was unscathed, only her dress was burnt. I cared about her, even though I personally didn't know her.

     Krum and Cedric also managed to collect the egg without any major injuries to my relief. Then my name was called out. I took a deep breath and walked out the tent door. I was met with a scorching sun beating on my black hair.

     My eyes glided across the arena till they caught sight of the dragon. Once it saw me, I expected it to charge, but instead it gazed lazily at me. This angered me. No one glances at me as if I'm not a threat.

     "Hey! You lazy, lame, long-tail butt! Come here!" Yeah, I know that name was horrible, but I didn't have time to think of anything better. The dragon got up, lowered his long neck and spit fire at me. I dodged and jumped onto its leg and used my sword as a tool to help me climb. It was a very difficult job as the dragon kept trying to fling me off. The crowd was gasping with unbelief.

     When I finally got on top of his back, I held on the spikes, running down his back, and used them to help me crawl on his neck to his tiny head. With a loud battle cry, I stood up and sunk Riptide in it's skull. Then I jumped off its head before it could crash down to the earth and rolled to not let the impact hurt my legs. In a corner of the arena, I spotted a large gold egg. Running at full speed got me to the egg in less than ten seconds. That's when I realized something was wrong. The whole arena was quiet. I looked around me a noticed everybody shocked at what I'd done. I worried. Was there a maximum amount of time in which you had to kill the dragon? Did I take too long? I looked at the crowd, puzzled.

     Just when I was about to yell out that question, the crowd burst onto cheers. Well... Except Thalia and Nico who were rolling their eyes and mouthing show-off. I grinned at them and waved at the crowd as I left the arena.

     The moment I got into the tent, the other champions crowded me and asked what I did to get the crowd react like that. I explained to them what sorta happened, but made it sound a lot less cooler so I wouldn't discourage Harry in any way.

     Harry had been in the arena only about ten minutes and came back with a scratch on his arm. I was really happy for him. He had achieved 3rd place with Cedric. Krum was in second place and surprisingly, they put me in first place. Huh, I was not expecting that.

     That night, in the Griffindor common room, we all celebrated Harry's and my victory. Thalia and Nico were also invited because they were my close cousins.

     After the exhausting party, I didn't bother to change, I just dropped in my bed and fell into a deep sleep.

Hey guys, I was so excited to write this chapter and now its finally done. It was shorter than my other chapters, but it had some action in it so I hope I made up. Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Please tell me how I did! Bye!

-AlwaysBoooks7