The Second Task

Percy Pov

The next few weeks for us were hilarious. Draco had guessed that we played the pranks on him, but had no idea how to prove it. Every time we passed each other, he would glare while I would smile back. I've seen worse glares that made me laugh. Thalia and Nico seemed to think the same thing, while the wizards ignored him.

Few weeks have passed since prank night, and as the second task drew nearer, Harry started worrying because he didn't know what to use to help him breathe underwater. So him, Hermione, and I looked through every single freaking book in the freaking library. I swear, if I see another book I will throw up.

We looked through potions books, charms books, transfiguration books, history books, and for the gods' sakes, even quidditch books!! Like seriously, you might be wondering why we even looked there. Don't ask me, ask Hermione, she made us to. Sometimes I think she's more worried than Harry is.

"Are we done yet?" I groaned. "Didn't we check all the books?" Hermione tsked.
"Nuh uh, we didn't check the restricted section yet." Harry gaped at her.
"You would break the rules to help me?"
"Why would we break the rules? No, I'm not breaking rules for you, we're going to talk to the teacher of course." Harry looked down embarrassed.
"Right, didn't think of that." Hermione rolled her eyes and walked over to the librarian's desk while Harry and I stayed behind.

We waited together in awkward silence until Hermione came back with the permission slip. "Let's go," she said.

Once we got to the restricted section, we separated; I started in the back while Harry and Hermione would look through the books at the front. Of course i'll have to stay by myself, I grumbled to no one.

I was scanning through a potions book, when I thought struck.
"Oh. My. Gods. I. Am. So. Stupid." I whisper yelled to myself.
"Did you say something?" Hermione called from between bookshelves. She slowly walked over to me with her face buried in a book. "Y-yeah." I stuttered. Hermione slammed her book shut, startling me, and frowned.

"Is something wrong?" She asked. All the noise brought over Harry.

"What were you guys saying?"
"I'm a complete idiot!"
Harry's lips curled into a smile. "You know, that's nothing new." He commented. I playfully scowled.

"Ok, yeah. Whatever. But guys, guess what!?! I actually know what Harry could use for the second task! I was being a complete stupid idiot!"
"What is it?" Harry and Hermione asked eagerly.
"It's this plant that you eat and let's you breathe underwater for about an hour. It's called Gillyweed."
"How do you know?" Harry asked, not with doubt, but with curiosity. I shrugged. "Maybe because I'm a son of Posideon?"

Harry grinned. "That's just cool. Thanks for the help."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wake up!!!!" Harry yelled in my ear. "We don't want to be late this time! Plus, you don't want to skip breakfast do you?" I jumped out of bed when he mentioned food.

"Foooooood!! Ok, ok. I'm up, I'm up! Get off of me!" I squealed as I shoved Harry off my bed. Today was the second task. I was probably the only champion excited. Well, I mean, who wouldn't be excited. Its water!! Everyone likes water right? I changed really quickly and literally ran all the way to the Great Hall, Harry behind my heels.

For breakfast I ate non-blue pancakes sadly, with egg, bacon, French toast, and I bunch of other stuff I don't remember.

When we finished, everyone filed out of the Great Hall and to the lake. It was chilly and windy outside, but it didn't dampen my spirits. When the speaker yelled "Go!", I expertly dived in, and immediately felt warmer and more comfortable.

I stretched out my senses and felt something that didn't belong in the sea. I swam towards that direction meeting a few mermaids along the way. We chatted for a bit, but I continued going.

What I found in the end was something I wasn't expecting. Ron, Hermione, a little girl, and Thalia were tied by ropes in a bunch. I knew that this must've been part of the task; the thing that I was supposed to be 'sorely missing' as the riddle said.

Well.... I wasn't exactly missing Thalia, but whatever, I guess I'll just have to take her. I groaned. Thalia would get mad on me for holding her, while Nico will be teasing me till the day I die. Great. I thought sarcastically.

I took out my sword and sliced off Thalia's ropes and willed the water to push me upwards as I held Thalia in my arms, bridal style. This is just gross I thought. I quickly made an air bubble around my head so the judges wouldn't be suspicious, and shot up.

When I reached the surface, Thalia glared at me but not wanting to make a public scene, held back her anger and sauntered off to sit next to Nico. Once I received a towel, I sat next to my cousins, and was happy to see that I had reached the surface first.

"You could've been a bit more subtle." Nico commented. "Oh shut up, I took my time! I wasn't trying to go fast or anything. I even had a small chat with the mermaids."

"You can speak to mermaids?" Nico asked, " what language do they speak? Mer-language?" I rolled my eyes. "No. They speak English." "Oh." He muttered.

Around 55 minutes later, I started getting worried. Harry should be at the surface by now I thought. Krum came out first after me with Hermione. Fleur came without her little sister and was crying.

I was about to go in the water to look for Harry, when he came out gasping for air. Both Ron and the little girl came with him. Fleur ran to her sister while I walked over to Harry to check on him.

"You ok?" I asked as I was handing him a towel. I'm being such a nice gentleman, I thought to myself. Harry nodded, too cold to say anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the end, I got first place surprisingly (not). Harry and Cedric were still tying in second place while Viktor and Fleur were in third and fourth. I was really nervous for the third task though. I knew it had something to do with a maze. I knew I sucked at mazes (had plenty of experience in the labrynith). I closed my eyes. I wish Annabeth were here.

Hey guys, 1k views!!! This is awesome! About the chapter, I'm really sorry. I know it sucks, but I wrote most of it at midnight. Really really sorry. Hopefully the next chapter will be better. Bye!
-AlwaysBooks7