The Graveyard

Percy Pov.

     When Cedric fell down dead, tears came into my eyes as I stared down at his lifeless body. His dead eyes looking at the starry sky, reminding me of Zoe.  Too drowned in my sadness, I didn't move when Harry yelled something. I saw a flash of green light and then nothing.

Dark.

Just dark.........

     I don't know how long I was unconscious, but I was awoken by a piercing scream. Trusting my instincts, I didn't move, but opened my eyes the tiniest slit. I gagged at the sight, trying not to make any noise.

     To my right, I could see that the short man had cut off his hand with a knife. Blood was pouring out as he clutched the stump of it. My eyes traveled a little further and to my shock, I saw Harry tied tightly to a tombstone. It was hard to keep myself from growling in anger, but I knew now was not the best time to make myself known.

     The cloaked man walked over to Harry with a small bottle and slit his knife in the crook of Harry's elbow. This time, I actually did growl, but too soft for them to hear. The blood was poured into a cauldron which started steaming with red smoke.

      Then, out of it stood a figure which I guessed was Lord Voldemort, by the way Harry described him with no nose. This is when I decided to come up. With no one noticing, I stood up in fighting stance, and and uncapped Riptide.

Harry Pov.

     I quickly looked to where the noise was. When I saw him my eyes nearly bulged out of my head. He was supposed to be dead!!!! Not that I was disappointed, but that should've been impossible!

     He twirled his sword between his fingers, looking unnaturally casual, like he wasn't standing face to face with Voldemort.

     "Oh, hey what's up?" Percy asked him, like he just realized the Dark Lord was standing in front of him. "Ooh, I know you. You're Volt de Mort! Did you know that in Latin, 'mort' means dead? So does that mean you're dead or something?" He poked Voldemort in the chest and shrugged. "Apparently not."

     Then he turned to Pettigrew. "Hey, why'd you tie up my friend? Go use your stick and untie him or something." Peter looked as white as a sheet, but did as Percy said. I grabbed my wand and scrambled to Percy and pointed it to Voldemort, who looked very confused at that moment.

     "Who are you, boy, to tell my follower what to do?" He pulled out his wand and shouted the killing curse, but Percy, with his inhuman speed, whipped up his sword and deflected it. The Dark Lord looked at him in shock and wonder. Then, before we realized he was doing anything, he pressed on Pettigrew's dark mark. The short man howled in pain as at least a dozen Death Eaters apparated in the graveyard. I immediately recognized one as Draco's father.

     "13 years," whispered the Dark Lord to them. "13 years and none of you tried to bring me back? Is only one of my servants faithful?" He questioned them, gesturing to Pettigrew, who was still clutching the stump is his hand, trying to stop it from bleeding.

     "Master please forgive me, forgive us all!" Pleaded a Death Eater.

     "Crucio!" Shouted Voldemort. The man writhed in pain. When the Dark Lord lowered his wand, the man's screams stopped, and he staggered back to the group of the Death Eaters who then looked very frightened.

     I took my eyes off the scene when Percy nudged. He did some pointing and mouthing and in the end, I understood that he wanted us to grab Cedric's body and use the portkey to bring us back. I nodded in understanding and when Percy mouthed "go!" we both sprinted towards the goblet. Just before we were about to touch it, Voldemort shouted.