The Third Task Part 2

Harry Pov.

     The moment we touched the goblet, I knew something was wrong. We held onto it as it spun us at great speed. Immediately, I was reminded of a portkey.

     When the trophy, actually portkey, stopped spinning us to our deaths, I studied my surroundings.

     We were in an empty graveyard. What are we doing here? I wondered. I was almost positive the trophy wasn't supposed to be a portkey, much less bring us to a dark graveyard. In the far right, I saw a haunted looking grand mansion that would have looked beautiful, had it been taken care of.

     "Guys, where are we?" Asked Percy confused. "Was this supposed to happen? I probably wasn't paying proper attention to what the task was I guess." He said shrugging. "So what's the next step?" He questioned cheerfully.

     Cedric slowly shook his head, looking slightly worried. "Percy, I don't think this was supposed to happen."

     Then I saw a short, hunched looking figure step out of the house, walking steadily towards us. A bundle that could've been a baby or just a bunch of materials was in his hands.

     "Wands out." I said quietly.  But then I noticed that Percy had already brought our his sword without Cedric or I even noticing.

     "Kill the spares." Hissed a creepy voice from the bundle of cloths. Before eaither of us could react, a loud "Avada Kadavra!" was shouted from the hunched figure.

     I gasped in shock when I saw Cedric, eagle spread on the ground, his eyes, though dead, gazing at the stars in the night sky. Glancing up from Cedric's body, I could see Percy had tears in his eyes. Even though they didn't know each other well, I was sure it reminded Percy of someone in his past.

     Then I saw the figure point out his wand to Percy, who was oblivious of it. Before I could warn him, the figure(I was pretty sure it was a short man) shouted out, "Avada Kadavra!" 

     I yelled, but it was too late. Percy fell to the ground with a thud.

     "Nooo!!!" I yelled. My vision
blurred with tears and when I felt someone grabbing me, I didn't do anything to stop it. I was dragged to a tombstone and was tied tightly against with numerous ropes.

     When I looked in the face of the man, I gasped when I saw Peter Pettigrew.

     "You!" I spat out venomously. "You killed them. You KILLED my friends!"

     He ignored me and wordlessly checked all my bonds, making sure I couldn't move an inch. Then he went behind the tombstone I was tied to, hiding himself from my view. The entire time, pain was erupting from my scar.

     I didn't know how much time had passed until I finally heard someone heaving and a dragging noise. When Pettigrew came into my vision, through my pain, I squinted to see him dragging a large cauldron in front of me. Big enough to fit an entire person in. A liquid which I supposed was water, made, sloshing noises as it was being dragged.

     Then he picked up the bundle that he had been carrying earlier, and unwrapped it. I let out a muffled yell when I saw the thing. It was a hideous creature that seemed to be the shape and size of a baby. It had no hair and was a reddish black color. Its body was scaly and its face was almost flat. Thin arms dangled by his sides.

     The ugly baby, or whatever it was, was lowered into the water until I couldn't see it anymore. Please let it drown, please let drown. I hoped.

     (The chants that Pettigrew will speak are directly copied from the book. I will do the copied parts in italics)

     "Bone of the father, unknowingly given, you will renew your son!" Pettigrew chanted. "Flesh--of the servant-- w-willingly given-- you will-- revive-- your master."  And with that, he lifted his dagger and I shut my eyes before I could see what happened next. But I couldn't stop myself from hearing. I heard a wailing scream, piercing the silent night air.

     Even though my eyes were tightly shut, I could tell that the cauldron was glowing bright red. What I didn't notice, was that Pettigrew's wailing turned into a whimpering and he was standing right next to me. I tried moving out of the way, but couldn't budge when the knife sliced through the crook of my right elbow. Some of my blood dropped into a small bottle. It was brought to the cauldron as the chant was continued.

     "B-blood of the enemy . . . forcibly taken . . . you will . . . resurrect your foe."

     And out of the water, which was now steaming, stood up a thin figure.

     Lord Voldemort had risen.

     I was losing hope of getting out alive.... Until I heard a soft shrink.

     Hey guys, its a cliffhanger! Yay! Sorry for the late update again and hope you enjoyed!

-AlwaysBooks7