Pranks

Harry Pov.

     I was awoken by loud blood curling screaming. I jumped out of bed and grabbed my wand preparing to attack some dementor or some kind of monster, but instead, I saw Percy sitting criss cross on his bed with the golden egg open between his legs. He was swaying with his eyes closed as if he was half asleep. How he was able to sleep through the screaming, I don't know.

     I lept off my bed onto his and shook him awake. "Percy, your egg!" I exclaimed, now wide awake. I saw that our roomates were also awake trying to block the noise by burying themselves in their blankets and pillows. "What?" Percy mumbled sleepily. "Oh yeah." And he closed the egg, much to our relief. "Sorry about the noise, I didn't think it would be loud enough to wake you up. Plus, the singing was nice, it put me to sleep."

     "Put you to sleep? It was singing?" Percy frowned. "Yeah, it was singing a riddle which I didn't exactly understand. But I think it said something about finding something you lost." He shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't really get it. I'll probably have to IM Annabeth." He said as he got up and started changing. "Can I come with you?" I was curious to see how the IMing worked. "Sure." Percy replied.

     When we finished changing, we went to the bathrooms where Percy used his powers to make a mist. He threw in a gold coin, which I believe is called a drachma, and said," Oh Iris, goddess of the rainbow, show me Annabeth, Camp Half-Blood." In the mist, appeared the blond haired girl I had seen the day before.

     "Hey Annabeth," Percy started. I just waved. "Percy! Did you open your egg?" Percy nodded. "Yeah, actually I did. I was going to ask you something about it. So, it was saying this riddle that I didn't really understand, could you translate it into English for me?" The girl nodded. "Shoot." Percy closed his eyes as if in deep thought, and started reciting the riddle. Don't ask me how he memorized so quickly. I don't know.

     "Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
And while you're searching ponder this;
We've taken what you'll sorely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And to recover what we took,
But past an hour, the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back."

     Annabeth rubbed her chin and looked thoughtful. "I think it means that they are going to take something for you and you have an hour to look for it."

    She scrunched her eyebrows in concentration and then raised them, as if she just had an idea. "It has something to do with underwater." She declared. "They will hide something underwater and you have an hour to look for it."

      Percy clapped loudly. "Good job Wise Girl! I knew you could do it. Thanks for the help but we should start going to breakfast." Annabeth waved goodbye and wished us luck when Percy swiped through the mist to cut the connection.

     We were on our way to breakfast when we met the other demigods with Ron and Hermione. "Good morning," mumbled Ron and Nico with sleep still visible in their eyes. Hermione and Thalia were the exact opposite as if they had been awake for hours.

     "Did you figure out the second task?" Asked Hermione. Ever since I got the egg, she had been bugging me every day about it. I sighed. "Yes, I did. Percy's girlfriend Annabeth helped." Percy smiled. "I know, don't I just have the best girlfriend ever?"

     "You have a girlfriend?" Sneered a voice behind me. I whipped around to find myself face to face with Malfoy.Ugh... Why does he have to be here? "Then she must be as stupid as you, right?" Percy growled.

     "Don't you dare insult my girlfriend. She's the smartest person alive." He glared so hard even I had to wince.

     Draco raised an eyebrow. "Then I wouldn't be surprised if she left you soon. Your parents probably left you at an orphanage because you're so stupid." Percy now looked so mad, I was surprised he didn't punch Malfoy. Even Thalia and Nico looked furious.