The Goblet of Fire

Harry Pov.

     The next morning at breakfast, Proffesor Dumbldore announced that our visitors would be coming the next day. I wasn't really paying attention because I was thinking of all the stories the demigods told us last night. Ever since then, I had a newfound respect for them. I was really excited for the next night we would listen to more of Percy's and his cousins' stories.

~~~~time skip~~~~

     It was after lunch and we had a free hour before continuing to Care of Magical Creatures. We were sitting on benches watching people put their names in the Goblet of Fire.
     "Come on Cedric! Put it in!" I looked to my right to see the Hufflepuffs pushing Cedric to the goblet.
     "Ok ok, don't push me!" He exclaimed. He stood up straight and walked up to the goblet and put his name in. Everyone cheered including Ron, Hermione, the Americans, and I.         

     Hermione was doing homework while the demigods had their books open pretending to do homework. Ron didn't bother to bring his. Suddenly, Percy stood up.
     "Hermione, can I borrow your book for a sec?" She looked confused at first but shrugged and handed it to him.
     "Thanks." He opened to the last page and ripped off three pieces and handed two to his cousins. Hermione looked horrified.
     "Y-you ripped a page!" She cried unbelievingly. Percy's eyebrows were scrunched in confusion.
     "Did I do something wrong?" He asked. Thalia snickered.
     "How dense can you be Kelp Head?" He shrugged.
     "Haven't tested my limits." We laughed.
     "I don't think there is one." Thalia giggled.
     "This isn't funny, he ripped a page from a library book!!!" Continued Hermione.
      For the next half hour, she went on scolding Percy on how one must respect a book. I don't think he was paying attention though. At first, he was saying sorry lots of times but stopped after a while and zoned out. Hermione seemed to notice this and snapped her fingers in front of his face. He didn't blink.
     "Percy?" She asked cautiously. He didn't respond. She waved her hand on front of his face. Still nothing.
     "PERCY!!" Thalia yelled in his ear. He jumped up and with his pen/sword thing in his hands.
     "Posideon's underpants! You scared me!!" He said, startled. Thalia smirked ( I feel like she always does that).
     "Duh, it was supposed to. Do you think I yell in peoples ears for fun?" Percy shrugged.
     "Maybe. There's no telling what you might do." Thalia rolled her eyes.
     "Whatever." She stood up and borrowed my quill to write her name on the slip of paper Percy gave her. Him and Nico did the same and all three of them stepped over the age line and slipped in their names. We clapped.

~~~~time skip~~~~~

     We just finished eating dinner when Proffesor Dumbledore announced that the champions would now be chosen. The first name flew out and he read it aloud in a clear voice.

     "Fleur Delacour." The girls of Beuxbaton clapped as a beautiful, slender girl with long, silvery hair stood up and walked to the back room. Then the next paper flew out and Dumbledore called out,
     "Viktor Krum." The Durmstrang boys cheered and clapped Viktor on the back. Viktor, slightly smiling, strode up and walked to the back of the room. The next slip of paper flew out of the cup. Dumbledore caught it as it started drifting to the floor.
     "Percy Jackson" he boomed. Percy jumped up.
     "Oh yeah" he said and he almost skipped to the back of the room. Another paper burst out, and Dumbledore read out loud,
      "Cedric Diggory." Cedric got up, his face beaming, and walked to were the others were.
       Everyone started clapping and Dumbledore was about to start saying something, when the goblet spit out another piece of paper. Confused, Dumbledore took it in his hand. Shock spread over his face as he read what was on in.
     "Harry Potter". There was dead silence. Everyone was looking at me. Hermione's eyes widened. As she nudged me to go, I glanced at Ron, but his face was unreadable.
     "Harry Potter" Dumbledore called out again.   
       Slowly, I stood up, a million things racing through my mind. As I walked to the back of the room, whispers began going around the room. I lowered my head and walked quickly passed them and to Dumbledore.
       I went to the next room,where Fleur was sitting calmly on a chair and Percy was talking excitedly to Viktor, who seemed to rather like him. They all turned as I came in.           "What are you doing here bro?" Percy asked. "I thought there were supposed to be only four champions."
      "I have no idea what's going on, I swear!" I replied, feeling a bit dazed.