The Third Task Part 1

Percy Pov.

   After Hermione was kidnapped, the wizards wanted to tell Dumbledore of what had happened. But I as well as Thalia and Nico disagreed. Like Luke, even if he did do something wrong, niether of them seemed truly evil at heart. And in the end, I'm sure Draco realize he is doing wrong and turn over a new leaf, just as Luke did.

     A few weeks had passed since that incident and the third task drew nearer.

    I was in the library "doing my homework" when Harry came to me.

     "Hey Percy! All the champions have been called to the quidditch field to be shown the last task!" He exclaimed out of breath. I jumped up, happy to leave the library, and ran outside with him.

     I gasped when I saw leafy hedges instead of the field that I was used to seeing instead.

     "Tomorrow evening," started Ludgo Bagman "will be the third and final task. This last one will determine the winner out of these four schools. Your task is to get though this maze, to the center where you will find a goblet which you must get to win. There will be few challenges in this maze and as the other tasks, you may only use your weapon of choice."

     Great. I really don't need another maze. I suck at those.  I loudly groaned like a bratty teenager which got me a few strange looks but I rolled my eyes and ignored them.

     "Come on, Harry. Let's go." I said grabbing his arm and starting to walk towards the castle.

     "So, do you have any plan for this task? Or are you just going to wander around the maze or something?" I asked Harry once we got inside our common room. He shrugged.

     "I don't really care to win, so whatever. No, I don't really have a plan. Just get to the end and finish this tournament for once and for all."

     "I'm with you bro. I'm kinda sick of it. Lets just hope we don't die."

     "Good luck." Harry said.

     "Yeah, you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     (Still Percy Pov.)
     The next evening all students from all the schools competing came outside to see us off into the maze. I also saw other people who I'm guessing were parents and friends of the champions.

     When everyone was done hugging (or whatever you do before starting the last task), Fleur, Viktor, Cedric, Harry, and I stood in a line ready to be told to start.

     "3, 2, 1, GO!" I was in first place so I ran into the gap of the maze first but stopped just at the entrance to wait for Harry. Seeing the bushes magically close behind me, made me shiver. It reminded me so much of Dadeleus's maze. The dark didn't make it any better.

     I wasn't sure if they enchanted maze or something to make it move around so I didn't dare to move too far out into it.

     I only waited for about a minute until the maze reopened and swallowed in Harry and Cedric with me.

     "Boo!" I shouted, jumping out of the shadows. Harry's and Cedric's reactions were priceless. Both immediately whipped out their wands looking terrified. When they realized it was only me, both growled while I laughed at them.

     "Not funny." Harry scowled.

     "Yes it was. Admit it. That was funny." I said grinning. He just shook his head and sighed in response while Cedric glared at me before turning at the first right.