Ten (3)

a/n: I have senior portraits tomorrow and i'm sick. Istg i'm gonna look so horrible in them. Anyways here ya go bbs

Also, I'm putting Requests on hold because I want all of the NCT members to be on the same number, since a lot of members have more one-shots than the rest.

Song Recommendation for this: Again-Noah Cyrus (oml this song is my life).

Italic means flashback.

Bold are thoughts.

~

I sighed, feeling the wind blow through my hair as I walked across campus. It was a cold night, the crisp winter air nipping at my skin. My blood felt as though it was like ice running through my veins, the feeling of my distress still evident.

I knew it was going to end up like this, but there was always that section of my heart that hoped..yearned for the truth to be just a figment of my imagination.

It was too good to be true, anyways.

~

It was silent throughout his dorm room. Although I did expect this...I never expected it to be so heart-wrenching.

"(y/n)?" He said softly, caressing my cheek. His touch felt as though he was almost afraid of touching me, as if I'd break under his touch. I just moved my face away from his warm hands, turning away from him. I grabbed my stuff without a word. "So are we not going to talk about this?" His voice cracked towards the end, his eyes almost beckoning me to him.I almost fell for it.

Almost.

That sad look on his face, the pain in his eyes. It was all fake.

"We can still be friends...right?" He tried to reason with me, reaching out once more. I moved again.

"You really think we could be friends after you toyed with my feelings, Chittaphon?" My voice was laced with anger, with sadness. "After all these months of us fooling around like this,you expected me to go on with our lives as if we never did any of this, and just stay friends? You must be stupid to think that of me." I didn't bother to put my shoes on by this time. I didn't look back, and left his dorm room.

~

I got to my dorm, trying not to make a sound so my friend can continue to sleep. The light in the kitchen told another story.

"(y/n)?" She called out, peeking her head through the doorway. I just stayed silent, continuing to hang my jacket and put my favorite shoes by the door. I heard the soft padding of her footsteps, but they soon stopped. "(y/n), what's wrong? Aren't you supposed to be with Ten?" I stiffened at this, not noticing tears slowly beginning to cascade down my face. Sana lifted up my head, then gasped silently to herself.

Soon, I was enveloped into her arms, warmth spreading across my cold body like a wildfire. I held her back, my arms shaking as my cries rang through the room. Sana just continued to hold me safe in her arms.

~

"Are you sure you don't need to stay in the dorms? I could just jot down the notes for you." Sana asked, but I shook my head.

"I'm fine. I just needed a good cry, that's all." That was a lie. I was not fine, but I didn't want Sana to know. It may have been a week away from Ten, but it was the worst week of my life. Sana sighed, nodding and then sitting down in our usual seats. As class started, I could hardly pay attention. My mind drifted elsewhere to something...or more like someone.

Why did it have to be him? Out of all the people I hang around with, it has to be him. The one that's driven and would do anything for the sake of his career.

My thoughts came to a stop when the doors slammed open, revealing a tired Ten. He silently went to his seat, which was coincidentally the row in front of Sana and I. Our eyes met for a split second, but I turned back to the random doodle I had started to make on the paper. I felt his eyes continue to stare at me, as if pleading me to look up at him and smile, like I usually did.

I just continued on with class.

~

After class ended, Sana and I quickly made our way out of class, but a hand grabbed at my wrist, preventing me from walking any further.

"(y/n)..." And there he is, yet again. Begging for the attention I had promised myself I wouldn't give to him anymore.

"Ten I swear to god if you do not let go of her right now-" Sana had started, but I stopped her. I roughly pulled my hand away from Ten's grip, sighing once more.

"Chittaphon, leave me alone already. What's done is done and we don't have to see each other anymore. You can continue on with your career choice, and I will continue on with my own." I said, not looking him in the eye. I knew that, if I did, I would melt into his arms once again.

"But.. (y/n)...please just let me explain-" He tried, but the class was about to start and Sana pulled me away. I looked back at him, watching his eyes slightly tear up. His usually-bright face was gloomy, as though he didn't sleep at all the past few nights. His face almost looked sunken in, like he wasn't getting enough nutrients.

Was I going to regret this decision? Probably.

But, in the end, happiness is key to a wonderful life, and I wasn't happy where I was.

With this thought, I turned away from him, continuing to walk away, Sana holding my hand tightly, as though if she let go of it, I'd go running back.

I wouldn't, not this time.

I squeezed Sana's hand, smiling at her for reassurance. She smiled back.

~
A little sad, yeah, but I never usually write sad ones, so I thought I'd try to write one once more.

Edit: I won't be doing a part 2, so please stop asking. I feel as though it would defeat the whole purpose of this chapter.
Why would she go back to Ten if he basically used her for his own gain? That isn't healthy to do. She said she wasn't happy and she left, that's all there is to it.