Jeno (6)

a/n: Hey guys! today I'm going to (try) to update all of my books, so I hope you enjoy! And, I have a twitter group chat for kpop and stuff, so if you want to join just put your user here and I'll follow you and try to add you! If I can't add you, I'll tell you!

This one might be scary. Just a heads up.

~~~~~

Most people fear the dark--The shadows, the cracks, the space that lies between what can be seen and what can't

These individuals walk around blind, however, for the worst evil is that which walk among us.

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

It was a day like no other, my eyes boringly scanning the different people who also sat down in the chapel. I was with my family, like always, but my senses felt as though something was...off. My eyes continued to scan through the usual group of people until I landed on someone I've never seen before. His hair slightly flopped to the side as he lazily looked around, almost as if he didn't want to be there more than I did.

He seemed to be alone, too.

He seemed like a downright gentleman, to say the least. He had excused himself whenever he bumped into people by accident, or simply said 'hello' and introduced himself to others that were around him.

but it seemed as though his facade came crashing down when we all left the chapel.

I had stayed behind because I had forgotten my phone on the chair I sat on, bending down to get it, but when I turned around I saw the mysterious male once more. He was smiling and waving at the others who were leaving the chapel, his eye smile charming to anyone who peered over.

But, as the last people had said goodbye and left, the smile immediately left from his face. It almost seemed...blank, nothing there. Like every ounce of emotion was sucked from his face, leaving behind an emotionless state of being.

That was when I noticed his eyes were boring into my own, a small smile appearing on his face once more as if nothing happened.

I left soon after that.

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

He came every single day after that encounter, being treated as if he wasn't new and that he's been with this chapel since day one.

It was eerie, seeing that same fake smile he pulls around people after I saw his blank face. Whenever I would make eye contact with him, he wouldn't bother to pull the fake smile against me.

Rather, his eyes continued to bore into my own, almost as if he didn't dare look away. Neither did I, my (e/c) eyes continuing to make contact with him as the prayers and such went on. That was until my mother pushed my head down for prayer, my eyes now connected with the floor.