New book excerpt: Faceless

A/n: hello! So I have another nct book, but this one will be more diverse and have different genres all around! I'll even take some requests and such!
Hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~
~~~~~

A/n: hello! So I have another nct book, but this one will be more diverse and have different genres all around! I'll even take some requests and such! Hope you enjoy! ~~~~~~~~~~~

The wind blew softly against the car window, pressing up against it softly as the car sped along the deserted road. A pit of (e/c) eyes flickered to the mirror above, watching with curious eyes at the person who was sitting in their passenger seat.

"What is it?" His soft voice called out as he made eye contact with them, a raised brow being thrown in their direction. His messily tosses hair was thrown to the left at this moment, covering the side of his face as he continued to question the person driving.

"Nothing," they said, holding a little smile as they continued to drive," you just look really handsome in the light right now," as soon as they finished, they looked over once more.
It was true.
His hair seemed to have gone perfectly with the colors from the stoplights they were chasing, his clear eyes watching as houses passed by them. His hand rested on his chin as he leaned on the window, staring out like he was lost in the world.
Which was right.

The reason these two were in the car right now, off to some unknown place was because taeyong felt lost.

Was it because of his schedule? His upcoming fame as a kpop star?

Or was it the rude comments he gets daily?

Whatever it was...he wanted to escape.

Then (y/n) came and swept him away, almost like a star shining bright in a city drowned in artificial lights and faceless strangers. Taeyong couldn't help but reach out to that star, feeling his feet being lifted off the ground as it takes him all around the galaxy, his eyes widening at the other bright lights and beautiful scenery he's facing.

(Y/n) was his escape from his world of lights and nameless people.
They were a part of a world that no one knew who he was, what he does, or had anything to say about him.

To them, he was just a nameless face that passed by like all the others...and he enjoyed it.

"Come on, its time to go," (y/n) murmured, slowing down the car as they stop and park. Taeyong realized where they were, and his heart dropped.

He loved his life, he truly did.

But sometimes...it could be too much.

"Taeyong?" He snapped out of his trance and nodded, reaching out to open the door, but he stopped. His hand shook lightly as he continued to grasp the handle, too afraid to walk back out once more and be apart of the spotlight. (Y/n) sighed lightly, before leaning over and grabbing his hand, "one last ride?"

"One last ride."

And so they went on to the night, becoming the faceless once more.