Lucas (4.5)

a/n: Since the previous chapter was really popular, I decided that I would try to make a part 2 to it!

This time, using a different song that you guys requested earlier and see if I can tie it together (if it works I'm so fucking good lmao). I decided to choose's  Eccedentesiast_me's suggestion: Scared To Be Lonely-Martin Garrix and Dua Lipa.   This will be pretty long, but I hope you  enjoy it nonetheless!

 Anyways, it's been a hectic week, I'm in the mood for writing so LET'S GET IT ( ESKERRRRRRRIT)

(hope you got my reference)

_____________

"Scared to be Lonely"

It was great at the very start
Hands on each other
Couldn't stand to be far apart
Closer the better

Now we're picking fights
And slamming doors
Magnifying all our flaws
And I wonder why
Wonder what for
Why we keep coming back for more  

(Y/n) felt her head fall against the pillow, her body feeling tired, more than usual. Next to her was an empty bedside, as usual. Although she should have been used to this now, she still felt this lingering pain whenever he didn't come home. 

It wasn't supposed to be like this, She thought to herself, her eyes drifting to the bright city lights in the midst of the night, It was supposed to be different.

A few weeks prior to this, when (Y/n) finally had enough of Lucas's antics and stood up for herself, it seemed as though Lucas was treating her differently...more like a human being and a lover, rather than before. He would be home when (y/n) got home after work, a soft hum as he made dinner for the two of them and Riku sleeping on the floor next to his feet.

It was a sight to see, filling (Y/n)'s heart with joy.

"It was fun while it lasted..." (Y/n) mumbled. She then turned her body, letting the twinkling lights of the city slowly lull her to sleep.

~~~

Lucas put the key into the slot of the door, slowly opening it to try to not wake up (y/n). Although it wasn't as late as he presumed it would be when he got home, he knew that (y/n) had a particularly rough day with work. He set down his jacket on the rack, his keys in the key bowl, and his shoes in the shoe rack. He then locked the door, making sure he wouldn't make a sound as he came in.

"Do you know how late it is?" Lucas hissed silently, still facing the door as he heard (y/n)'s angry voice reverberate through their apartment. 

"(Y/n), I thought you were asleep?" Lucas asked, turning around with a small smile on his face, but the smile faded as he stared at (y/n)'s face. Her foot was tapping impatiently against the carpet, her eyebrow raised and her arms crossed.