Renjun (3)

Dialogue Prompt: "Did you just kiss me?"

"Was I not supposed to?"
"I don't know, but could you do it again?" 

__________

"Renjun, you know I can't do this." I groaned, looking down at how high we were. Renjun and I had chosen to go on vacation together, along with the other NCT members and a few of my own members. We weren't dating, though it was somewhat obvious we were a little too close for 'just friends'. Even if I might not be able to tell Renjun how I feel, I'm glad with hat we are right now, and I plan to keep it that way. With the other members going off to do other activities, Renjun and I chose to go ziplining together, much to my dismay.

Renjun has always wanted to go ziplining, excited to feel himself closer to nature and be able to touch the tallest of trees.

Me? Not so much.

"Please? We're already here." He pouted, grabbing on to the hem of my tank top and giving me his oh-so-adorable puppy dog eyes.

I gave in.

Now, we were at the top of the mountain, where people were already ziplining down with their child, friend, or significant other. We chose the one where you're allowed to go with a partner, because he knew how afraid of heights I was.

I mean, would you want to plummet to your death like that? I think the fuck not.

As people began to go, I held Renjun's hand tightly, my grip tightening as I realized it was finally our turn. We were the last ones in line, so I had time to reflect on what could happen.

The wire breaking and Renjun and I plummeting to our death? Thought about.

We get stuck in the middle of the wire and it takes forever to get us? Thought about that too.

My shirt gets caught on a branch and it gets ripped off, showing everyone my awkward bra? Yup, even that.

"(Y/n)?" Renjun called out. I closed my eyes, feeling him tug the both of us to the edge, wherea professional strapped Renjun in first, and then me. I felt my heart almost burst out of my chest as I looked down, my face paler than before. Everyone looked so small below as they watched us get ready to go, some even cheering encouraging words.

That didn't help one bit.

"(y/n)." Renjun called to me, his voice almost as sweet as honey. I didn't answer him only afraid for the almost-certain death that awaited me. Soon, I felt his hand reach over, turning my head to face him. his eyes showed sincere love and affection, immediately calming me down from my small panic attack. "I'm here." He said simply, adding his signature smile at the end. I blushed shyly, nodding and grasping on to his hand for a second, before holding on to the handles like the instructor told me.

"There will be a picture at the bottom, so get ready!" She said, winking, before pushing us. Soon, we were off. I held on to the levers tightly, my eyes shut. 

"(Y/n)! Open your eyes!" Renjun said. For one second, I opened them and closed them again. I saw a glimpse of the beautiful nature, beckoning for me to open my eyes once more.

I did.

I gasped silently at the sight. The trees were going by us, the air from our rush pushing my hair slightly , but the helmet I was wearing was stopping it from flying further. My skin felt as though the air was brushing past it, as if silk was being brushed against my skin. The flowers in the trees bloomed brightly, as if welcoming us. I smiled brightly, looking over at Renjun. His smile was even brighter than the sun, and he was staring right back at me, not bothering to look at the scenery, but only keeping his eyes on me.

"It's amazing, Isn't it!" He asked, giggling as I nodded. He quickly leaned over, pressing a soft kiss on my lips. I couldn't help but smile as we plled away, giving him a raised eyebrow.

"Did you just kiss me?" For once, Renjun looked away, embarrassed at his sudden affection. My heart was ready to burst out of my rib cage as he gave a shy smile, nodding.

"Was I not supposed to?"

"I don't know, but could you do it again?" And he did. I smiled against his lips, causing him to smile too. Soon, we were laughing, pulling on the levers to come to a stop, like the instructor asked. He pulled us in, helping us get out of our harnesses and carrying them down the steps. I looked up in awe, watching the other instructor go down the zipline easily, stopping herself before she hit the pole.

"did you have fun?" A girl that went before us asked, giving me a bright smile.

"It was really fun!" i replied, before she nodded towards the tent, where all of our stuff was.

"Let's go check the pictures!"

As we all went to the tent, others crowding around the TV as they showed the pictures. When it came to Renjun and I's pictures, I blushed bright red and hid my face in my hands. Renjun could only smile, asking for two copies of all the pictures of us.

~~~

EXTRAS:

"How was Ziplining?" Taeyong asked, smiling as he saw Renjung sigh in happiness. He saw something in Renjun's hand, but decided not to pester him about it.

Haechan didn't, though. Haechan stole the pictures right out of his hand, looking at them.

"ARE YOU AND NOONA OFFICIAL NOW?? THAT'S SOME LIP LOCKING RIGHT THERE!" Taeyong's eyes widened, watching Renjun try to grab the pictures out of Haechan's hand, but he just passed it to Jisung, who smiled deviously.

"That's definitely more than a peck, Hyung~!"

"gIVE IT BACK!"

"More like a French Kiss-"

"JISUNG I SWEAR TO JISOOS I WILL MAKE SURE YOU CAN'T DANCE ANYMORE IF YOU SAY ANOTHER WORD."

_____
Instagram ♡ - sunshinexbangtann