Chapter 8: Get Some Air

Dinner was really awkward. No one said anything and I could feel death glares at me.

When I went to my room my maids were there. They help me get ready for bed.

After they finished getting me ready, I told them that they could leave. Which made them look disappointed.

Great,I just hurt their feelings.

"You all are very helpful and I'm so grateful towards you all but I'm just used to being alone all the time and I've been around so many people today I just want to be alone."

"But Miss Jae-Hwa, we're supposed to help you. It's our job" Mijin said. I smiled

"I appreciate your help and I'm going to need all of it tomorrow. But tonight I want to be by myself and take in my only time to be alone. And I want you guys to rest well since tomorrow will be a busy day." I gave them a warm smile. But they looked at each other.

"One of us is supposed to stay while you sleep. In case you need anything."

Jisu said looking nervous. Jisu didn't look like the person to be shy but she was. She was really quiet.

"If I need anything I will ring the bell. I'll be fine. You all need the rest too and I won't be able to sleep if I know someone is watching me.

I watched as they looked at each other.

They really aren't going to listen to me.

Why do you have to make me say this!

"You're supposed to obey everything I say, right?" They all nodded with a smile

"Well, I command you all to go to bed and come back in the morning." I saw as Ara smiled,

I knew she figured out what kind of person I am and I'm glad she finally understood.

"Yes, Jae-Hwa, we will see you in the morning," Ara said.

I saw how the other girls were shocked at what Ara called me.

"Thank you, Ara." I smiled at her and she winked.

I really like Ara!

Once they left I stepped out of my fancy slippers and felt the soft carpet.

I went to unpack my things which took me less than 5 minutes since I was only allowed to bring some things.

I took the photos of my family and put them on my drawer.

I then placed a few books that I bought on the shelf near the doors that opened to my balcony.

I then looked in my bag and saw a little jar, there was a paper crane inside it.

This tiny jar was a small piece of my past.

The one that I'm trying so hard to forget.

Why was this here?

I swear I gave Jimin all of the cranes.

i forgot i was gonna make this into a necklace. I guess i left it in my bag.

I let myself think of him as I stared at the paper crane.

I thought about our past. Then at the airport, when he called my name.

What did he want to say? That he still loved me? or that he had moved on.

I felt tears fall down my cheeks and my head started to hurt.

As I closed my eyes I kept seeing him smile.

Our laughter.

Our kisses.