Chapter 15: Heartbeat

I was playing the piano when someone knocked on my door. I flung it open and Jungkook rolled his eyes. 

"I swear Jae-Hwa, you ought to have a maid in here. If not I will send a guard." 

"Jungkook! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to call you that in front of everyone!" I yelled not caring about the maid thing. 

"Do you think I'm mad at you?" He asked as he walked in and closed the door. "Jae-Hwa, you call me by my name all the time, I knew you would do that one day. I'm not mad, I thought it was really cute." 

"Really?" He gave me a smile and nodded his head. 

"But! I still feel so stupid! I can't believe I did that and you made me tell them the whole story!!!" I hit him on the arm. 

"That was the best part of the whole Exclusive! Mom thought it was super funny. She said that when she was in the Exclusive, all the girls were super shy and quiet but here you were calling me shallow and selfish. She couldn't get over it, she loves you because you did that." Great, now the queen thought of me as a bitch. We walked towards my balcony and we both seat on the rail. 

"So, about what you said....," 

"Which part? The part about me calling you names or fighting with my mom or saying the food was my motivation?" I rolled my eyes as he laughed. 

"The part about me," 

"Oh. what about it?" 

"I'm thankful that you are making me look like an awesome person. But you didn't need to go that far." My head snapped up to look at him. How could he think that? 

"Jungkook, did you really think that was for the show? Everything that I said about you wasn't a lie. You are everything I said and even more."  He was quiet, but there was a small smile on his face. 

"Thank you, it was nice hearing more than. Prince Jungkook is nice and handsome." I laughed.

"No, need to thank me!"

Jungkook cleared his throat. 

"He'll be lucky, too." His smile quickly turned into a frown. 

"What?" I asked confused. 

"Your boyfriend. When he comes to his senses and begs you to take him back. He is lucky to have you." I laughed, that will never happen. 

"He's not my boyfriend anymore. And he made it pretty clear he was done with me." Even I could hear the tiny bit of hope in my voice. Jungkook jumped off the rail. 

"Oh, Jae-Hwa! Do you not know how beautiful you looked in that red dress!! It's my favorite one you've worn so far! I'm sure he saw you on TV and has fallen for you all over again! But then again you are way too good for that boy, to be honest." 

"Shut up, Jungkook!" I hit his arm. 

"I'm not kidding! You really are beautiful!! If you don't want me to be in love with you, you're going to have to stop looking so lovely. I'm going to have your maids buy you a potato sack for you to wear! Wait, you probably still look good, damn it!" 

"I can't help it, one can never help being born into perfection." I flipped my hair and he started to laugh. I turned around and looked at the stars. I saw a really bright star. I turned around to show Jungkook, but when I turned I was surprised to see that he was super close to me, enough to kiss me. I watched as he started to lean closer, but before anything happened we heard something fall from inside my room. We both quickly turned towards the door to see Ara. For some reason, I was pissed off and annoyed.