Chapter 11: ATTACK

We were halfway through breakfast before Doyeon worked up the courage to ask me about our date. 

"How was it?" She asked quietly but still loud enough that made everyone look at us. 

"Indescribable." The girls looked at one another, clearly hoping for more information.

"How did he act?" Han-la asked. 

"Umm." I tried to choose my words carefully. "Not at all how I expected he would." I smiled at how everyone was getting annoyed by my short and not helpful answers. 

"Are you doing that on purpose? If you are. it's awfully rude." Tzuyu spat out.

 Before I could say anything there was a weird noise coming from the hallway.

 I could hear shouts and the clicks of the guard's shoes running around. 

The royal family seemed to understand it before the rest of us. 

"Ladies! To the back of the room! Now!" King Jeon yelled and ran over to the window. 

I watched as the girls ran towards the back.

 The kind was pulling down the shades, beside him was Jungkook and Princess Jung-ha. 

Queen Jeon pushed some girls towards the back. Then a wave of guards made it into the dining hall. 

A number of them lining up outside the room as the dining room doors were closed, bolted and secured with bars. 

"They're inside the walls, Your Majesty."

  It didn't take me more than that for me to comprehend what was going on

. There were protesters inside the palaces

. Of course with so many guests, so many preparations

. Surely someone would miss something and let our safety slip. 

I'm sure the protesters hated the Exclusive as much as I did. 

I pushed my chair back so quickly it fell over, I ran not where the other girls were going but towards the royal family and helped pull down the metal shade of the window.

 It took only a few moment to get the thing down, but locking the shade was hard. 

Just as I had managed to get the latch locked, something crashed into the window from outside, sending me screaming backward. 

"Jae-Hwa! Are you okay!?!" Jungkook appeared immediately. 

I did a quick evaluation. I had glass cuts all over my arm and probably a bruise on my hip from falling. 

"I'm okay." 

"To the back of the room. NOW!" He ordered as he helped me off the ground.

 He raced down the hall, snatching other girls who froze in fear and brought them to the back corner.

 I obeyed, running to the back of the room. 

Some of the girls crying, others were staring in shock.

 Sohyun was crying. I grabbed her arm and pulled her upright. 

"Dry your eyes and stand up straight." I barked into her ear. 

"What?"

"Trust me, do it."

Sohyun wiped her face and stood up a little taller.

 I felt bad ordering her around in the middle of something like this. But she has to look as calm as Queen Jeon was. 

Surely Jungkook would want that in his queen and Sohyun had to win.