26- muggle music #3

Third person POV

It was the first week back to Hogwarts after the war and the Gryffindors called a truce with the Slytherins So now blaise and Ron were really good friends. Same goes for pansy and Hermione. Draco and Harry were not considered friends but they didn't throw insults at each other... well they didn't really talk at all now.

Harry was out past curfew in an old abandoned class room which looked like it was once used to teach people muggle music at some point.

Harry's POV

I was walking down the dark hallways trying to clear my head. Every night I have nightmares about the war so I just went out for a walk around the castle with my cloak on when I walk by an old classroom. I go inside hoping to sit down only to find a bunch of instruments like a piano, harp, violin, guitar trumpet and others. I walk up to the piano to play.

Hey I mean I mine aswell do something. I learned how to play at my uncles I taught myself how to play when they would go out of town or something. I took of my cloak and sat it On the ground beside the bench I was now sitting on in front of the piano.

I let my fingers dance along the tiles and I started humming which turned into singing. I always liked to sing. I usually sung what I was feeling. I would always do it in the ROR in my 5 and 6 year but then got to busy so it felt good to finally do it again.

Draco's POV.

I was walking down the hallways after curfew because I couldn't fall asleep again so I was gonna go head down to the kitchen when I heard a noise coming from what looked to be an old classroom I slowly opened the door to see who was inside and what I didn't expect was to see Harry sitting in front of a piano with his back to me singing.

"Soldier keep on marching on
Head down till the work is done" he sang beautifully but slowly

"Waiting on that morning sun
Soldier keep on marching on" he sang with more force. How have I never heard him sing before?

"Head in the dust, feet in the fire Labour on that midnight wire Listening for that angel choir You got nowhere to run" he sang slowly again playing the keys more quiet then before.

"You wanna take a drink of that promise land Gotta wipe the dirt off of your hands Careful son you got dreamers plans
But it gets hard to stand" he sounded like he was singing with so much emotion like it was coming raw straight from his heart and soul but it sounded amazing.

"Soldier keep on marching on
Head down till the work is done
Waiting on that morning sun
Soldier keep on marching on" he sang loudly but I still stood frozen at the door watching him in awe hoping he didn't turn and notice me.

"Quiet now, you're gonna wake the beast Hide your soul out of his reach Shiver to that broken beat Dark into the heat" he sang slowly making a shiver go down my spine, I wonder who the songs about?

"Soldier keep on marchin'
Keep on, keep on, keep on, keep on, keep on marching on" he sang loudly playing the keys harder. Oh my god it's about him!

"Keep on, keep on marching, keep on, marching on Soldier keep on marchin', keep on, keep on Keep on marching on, keep on keep on marchin" he repeated again and he played the keys even harder only then did I realize he had tears streaming down his cheeks

"Soldier keep on marching on
Head down till the work is done
Waiting on that morning sun
Soldier keep on marching on
Soldier keep on marching on" he suddenly started to play very lightly and slowly and said one last line.

"Soldier keep on marching on" he said so quiet it was almost a whisper and then I heard him string not to keep his tears in he turned wiping his eyes with his sleeves looking down at the ground picking up a cloak which must be his 

He looks up at me and gasps dropping his cloak again.

"Hey um are you ok?" Harrys asks me and I am just now realizing I also have tears in my eyes as well.

"Harry" I whisper walking up to him and engulfing him in a hug which he surprisingly returns.

"How much did you hear?" He asks quietly pulling away from me after a minute or two.

"I Heard the whole song." I say and he just goes wide eyed the looks at the ground blushing.

"Sorry for breaking your ears" he chuckles out.

"No no no you are really good, like really really good. Do you sing often?" I ask and he looks back up to me.

"Really? And I used to sing in the ROR in years 5 and 6 but I kinda got busy in 7th year, before that I would.." he said something else looking down with his cheeks bright red again but I didn't hear.

"What was stage last part? I did hear you"

"I said before that I used to sing in the shower." He mumbles out just loud enough for me to hear this time and I burst out laughing.

"Shut up draco" he says slapping my arm pouting.

"Awe me sowwy hawwy" I say making him chuckle. But he stops suddenly with his cheeks red once again looking at the ground and I look at him confused.

"Um w-would you like to- um.. go o-out w-with me?" He stutters our quietly.

"Of course you don't need to be so nervous" I say with a chuckle pulling him into a hug the we both head up to our dorms falling into a dreamless sleep