II

2

"And...."

Don't get too affected Mia. This doesn't mean your life is over. Just catch up on the next semester. There's nothing to worry about. You had good grades in all your subjects in high school. You won't struggle in trying to get into uni.

"Song..."

My eyes widen as I look up. I gasp, holding my breath. I look for Eunmi whose last name is the same as mine.

I watch her sob as the others around her pat her back in comfort.

"Mia." I inhale another gasp. I couldn't believe what I just heard. I feel Hyeji shaking me in excitement, but I was too numb to react.

"The 5 girls please meet me in my office now." The CEO orders us as he leaves the room.

Hyeji stands up and pulls me to my feet which brought me back to reality and finally breathed. I let her drag me out of the room following the CEO along with the other 3 girls.

He gestures his hands towards the couch where we sit. He sits on his own leather armchair and waits for us all to settle.

"Congratulations girls. You 5 are the line-up for BigHit's new girl group." He greets us and that's where it finally hit me.

The final announcement that I'm debuting, is starting sink in slowly. And slowly, tears start to collect at my lower eyelid.

He stands up to shake Soyoung's hands and follows with the other girls. But soon I couldn't handle my emotions as my tears burst out.

He pats my back with a sympathetic smile on his face.

"You all deserve it." He says as I wipe my tears trying to stop as I look like a crybaby right now.

Once they were dry enough, I let my hand out to shake his, but I realised my hands were full of my tears.

Just as he was about to be in contact with my hand, I pull it back, quickly wiping it on my pants to let it dry before shaking his hands that were left in mid air for a few seconds.

"Thank you thank you, thank you so much." I bow to him with my repetitive words.

He chuckles and sits back on his seat. He was about to speak again when my tears didn't stop from coming out from my eyes.

I rub the wetness away multiple of times wanting to stop them. Once they were dry enough, I look up and notice men walking past the floor to ceiling glass window.

They all look at us as they walk past with a confused look on their faces.

It's..... fucking.... B..TS. Oh my gosh. They're back? And, I finally saw them. But... SHIT! Why did they come now? When I look like this!

I manage to have eye contact on all of them when I realised I had been crying and looked like a sweaty mess.

BUT IT'S BTS!

"Okay. I know you guys must be overwhelmed right now. Which is why we will continue our meeting about the debut tomorrow. And we'll start some photo shoots next week. So you guys can have today off to have time to call or visit your loved ones and celebrate." He continues.

He stands up and holds the door open for us as we exit in a line. Each of us bow when we walk past him.

I was the last one to walk out and he chuckles at me, being the ONLY one crying. I bow to him, as I look up, I see the rest of the girls turning left so I follow them.

I heard footsteps behind me getting closer. So I snap my head to look behind me.

His footsteps stop as we both look at each other in wide eyes.

Park Jimin.

He was ONE METRE AWAY FROM ME.

Calm down Mia, don't embarass yourself.

I also notice the rest of BTS standing behind him, staring at me. I continue to look at Jimin for a few seconds, unsure of what to do. Then he finally bows.

Ah shit. I totally forgot about the formalities towards the seniors.

My body jump at his actions and I swiftly copy him, bowing a couple of times before turning around to my original direction.

I speed walk away from them and catch up to the girls. Hyeji slings her hands on my shoulder and ruffles my hair as I sniff.

"So are you all going home?" I ask and they all nod their heads.

Aish, I'll be alone for now.

"If you want, you can come along with me Mia, if you don't want to be lonely while we're gone." Hyeji read my mind.

"Hmm.. I guess that's not a bad idea. But I think I need some time alone to let everything sink in and also inform my family about it. Plus, you guys will be back first thing in the morning anyway."

We all eventually arrive in our dormitory and go our separate ways from the other girls. Hyeji and I shared a room which explains why we are close, and also lucky enough to be in the group together.

"True. Meaning I have to leave as soon as possible since I don't have much time." Hyeji grabs her backpack and stuff some clothes in and her other personal things.

I just sit in bed and watch her pace across the room, gathering her stuff.

"Alright," she sighs heavily. "Make sure not to stay up all morning playing those video games. Remember we have something important tomorrow!" She squeals.

"Arasseo eomma." I chuckle as I walk her outside.

"And make sure not to think about me too much. You'll get depressed." She gives me a tight hug and I roll my eyes at her statement.

"Annyeonggggg!" She skips her way further away from me. And I sigh heavily, thinking of where I should go.

I don't wanna go back to that suffocating dorm just yet. So I turn around and walk someplace away from the dorm.

Eventually, I see the park where there's hardly people. I smile when I see an empty bench.

I sigh in relief as I sit down. I take the time to appreciate the surroundings. The green scenery and the playground on my right filled with the kids' laughter, giving me nostalgic vibes.

I spread my arms across the bench and lift my head leaning towards the bench's back support. I lower my body from the seat slightly, finding a comfortable position.

It was so uplifting. I haven't felt this happy since I got accepted into BigHit. And now, I'm finally debuting!

I squint my eyes in excitement and tears of joy roll out from the corners of my eyes.

I open my eyes appreciating the sea sky touched lightly with puff of clouds, immediately putting a smile on my face.

This was my dream since I was little, and I gave up on it thinking that there's no way I can make it a reality. I've never been so thankful for all the blessing that has come my way. All those hardships were worth it in the end.

My internal thoughts stop when I sense movements from my peripheral vision.

I lean my head to my left where the movements we're coming from. My eyes focuses on the familiar figure.

Park Jimin?

I jump into a proper position, sitting normally, looking at him with widened eyes.