XXV

25

His soft lips crash onto her rambling ones, instantly shutting her up.

The snow blankets the scenery in ice. Yet the simple touch of his lips emitted warmth throughout her whole body.

Her eyes are wide open. Her lips doesn't move, she doesn't move.

She's back from her trance when he slowly pulls away, regaining her breath.

"You just won't shut up, will you?" Jimin touches her nose with his.

She harshly pushes herself off from his chest, fingers tracing over her moistened lips, brows furrowed at the man before her.

Seeing how she reacted, he now knows her weakness. And he takes advantage of this.

Mia deeply inhales before swinging her hands towards the boy, but his arm block his holy face as if he already saw it coming.

"Do you usually slap people after kissing them?" His sinful smirk triggers her, making her feel small. "This seems somewhat familiar." His eyebrows connect in thought, thumb grazing his chin with pouted lips. "You tried to slap me like when I kissed you that night at the park. Instead, I managed to stop you this time." The smirk on his sinful lips grow more confidence.

"Y-you.. remembered?"

"Well-"

Mia gasps in realisation. "You knew all along? Or, you weren't even DRUNK AT ALL?" She freaks out in embarassment.

"Y-yea."

"You lied?"

Jimin could only smile apologizingly, feeling guilty.

"YOU LIAR-"

"I only did that because.. I was a coward, okay I'll admit that. I was scared." He whispers the last sentence.

"AND YOU KISSED ME AGAIN! THIS IS HARASSMENT!" She continues to yell at his whimpering form.

"But you didn't say 'no.' You didn't pull away either." He victoriously chuckles. "And it was your fault. You wouldn't listen to me, so I got annoyed." He shrugs his shoulder like it wasn't a big deal.

"So you kiss them? IS THIS WHAT YOU DO TO SHUT JUNGKOOK UP TOO?"

"Hmm.. Maybe?" His eyes shape the crescent moon ascending in the sky.

Mia runs her hands through her hair, groaning in annoyance.

"Don't do that." Jimin looks away.

"You can't tell me what to do!" He shakes his head at how hard headed she is.

"But seriously though, please listen to me." Both his hands grab hers tightly in assurance. "Unless," Jimin winks at her, his lips smooching the air.

"Ew." She fakes a gag. "Go, spill gurlfriend."

Jimin lightly laughs.

They both stroll along the sidewalk, half a metre apart, hands shoved in each of their pockets. They follow their only source of light, as each lamp post guide the way.

"I'll start with explaining my true intentions that night I was drunk, or when I pretended to be drunk. I mean- I only drank one bottle, how could you underestimate me."

"How was I supposed to know? I guessed you'd be out of it within a sip."

"ANYWAYS, I wanted to know if you liked me."

"Just to remind you, you're not in kindergarten anymore, sorry to ruin your unicorn-filled world." She continues interrupting him.

"Can you stop teasing me?" He sounded serious, immediately dropping the smile on Mia's face. "I noticed that Jungkook was interested in you. It's a hyung's job to take care of his dongsaeng."

Mia softly looks at Jimin.

"So I tried to stop these developing feelings of mine, trying to support Jungkook."

She felt so bad, feeling guilty of refusing to hear his side of the story.

"Avoiding you was the only plan I hoped to move on. But, as you can see, I ended up doing more damage than expected. I ended up hurting you." He voiced out in disappointment. "There wasn't a time when you left my mind. I went crazy worrying about you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for bringing tears to your eyes." He stops his tracks to gaze at Mia who was now staring back. His ebony eyes drink in the girl's bright face from the lamp post.

He pulls her shoulders in to hug her, causing her to peck his neck. She quickly shuffle her head towards air, awkwardly facing up with her hands trapped down her sides.

"I know I don't deserve this after what I did to you. But please give me another chance." His voice falters. His choked sobs cut through the hushed night as he tightens her closer. Mia's arms hesitantly wrap around his waist.

She feels his racing heartbeat that perfectly match with hers. Her vision hazes from the tears that collect by the brim of her eyes.

She hated this feeling.

*camera clicks*

She didn't want to admit it.

She didn't want to admit that this was what she hoped for. She despised her hopeful self before, as she just wanted to move on. One part of her wanted to let go, but the other who chose to have faith in him still lingered around.

Jimin pulls away, concerned when he noticed her crying.

Tears glistened on her cheeks. But she was smiling.

He holds her face, thumb wiping the fallen tears, smiling at her reaction. He thought he hated being the cause for the tears to her eyes, but this was different.

It was tears of joy.

*camera clicks*

"I want you."