XVIII

18

CutiePatootie💕
Let's hang out. We've all been busy lately. I found this new dessert shop that recently opened.

Mia
I guess you really missed me that much huh? And this isn't anything fancy right? I'll pay this time.

. . .

"What? Are you sure there's a dessert place here? This looks like one of those business buildings!" My head tilts back from the tall building.

"It's on higher floors. It's popular for its unique setting." He explains as we get in the elevator.

The elevator vibrates, indicating it's moving. "This still seems like it's an overpriced expensive store. I don't know if-" The motion of the elevator stopping cut me off.

"What the- have we stopped? Are we stuck?" My eyes widen at Jimin.

"I- I think so." He stutters, pulling out his phone to dial some number.

"Oh shit! HELP! THERE'S PEOPLE STUCK IN HERE! " I try to yell in between the doors, hoping someone would hear.

I look around for whatever I think will help us. "I've read an incident before that a person died when the elevator stopped since it eventually fell all the way down and WE will die from the impact!" I panic level rises.

"Chill, I'm calling the maintenance." But no one seemed to pick up since he wasn't speaking to anyone on the phone.

"But what if we fall before they arrive?" I look up at the vent, trying to poke it to see if it will open. But it's fully properly sealed.

"This should open! I see it in movies and that's how they escape!"

"Okay, you just look like an ant trying to be noticed," he chuckles, which starts to piss me off because of his carelessness.

"Stop laughing! This isn't funny, what if this is our death? I haven't even done all the things I want to do yet!" My breath becomes fast and shallow, my panic really starting to kick in.

I clench my eyes shut, trying to sing to calm me down, but tears force itself out. I stay in the corner of the elevator, facing the wall, to hide my face from Jimin.

"Mia? Are you okay? Are you claustrophobic?" He taps my shoulder. I only nod in response, as I couldn't stop the tears anymore. My breathing is heavy as I fan myself, trying any way to calm down. I clutch my shirt tightly.

Jimin spins my shoulder around, squashing my face with both his hands, making me face him with my reddened eyes.

"Just follow me: inhale," he breathes in and I copy shakily. "Exhale." I end up blowing my breath out due to my unstable situation, earning a chuckle from him.

We continue this for a few more breathes, until I've fully composed myself.

He buries my head onto his chest and strokes my hair. I enclose my arms around his waist tightly as I close my eyes, trying to stabilize myself mentally with the help of his body warmth.

His shirt dampens due to my tears, which made me break the comfortable hug. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it, it'll dry up anyway." He tucks my loose hair behind me ears.