XIII

13

BTS happened to be at the same place, at the same time, eating dinner. Such a coincidence.

But that can't be helped since we are in the same place.

So just like back at the BigHit building, we sit in a large wooden rectangle table together.

I nibble on the chicken drumstick depressingly, like a spoilt child whose wants got rejected.

I'm still pretty butthurt from the truth of Soyoung's words. And I hate the fact that I'm butthurt from the truth.

"Are you guys just going back to your cabins after?" Hoseok asked disappointingly as if he wants us to say no.

"Hmm.. Is there any place around here that's interesting." I could tell Hyeji wanted to go around the place and make the most of it.

"Don't they have an ice rink here for skating?" Namjoon's face brightens.

. . .

"Thank you!" I grab the shoes and skip towards the nearest bench to put them on.

"How do you tighten this?" My fingers fidget around the shoes.

"Here." He settles himself on the floor, kneeling to fix the shoes.

"You just pull this. Is that tight enough?"

I lightly nod, despite that it's now too tight.

"Then you just clip it. There!" He looks up at me, beaming.

"Ah, I see." I look elsewhere as I feel my warming face. "You could've just told me and I would've done it myself." I lift myself up a little too fast, making me falter.

Jimin quickly gets up to hold me, but I already managed to hold onto the railings.

"I got it." I give him a thumbs up before escaping, flailing towards the other girls.

"Are you guys done? Let's goooooo," I rush them, eager to get into the ice.

"Wait, Jiwon is still in the bathroom." Kyoungji calmly says as she actions as if she's skating.

"Aish." There's not much people around, which I guess is a good thing. But I don't want to be alone skating by myself whilst the boys are there too.

"Okay, let's go." Jiwon finally walks out, hand combing through her hair.

Everyone else steps onto the rink first, letting myself go last.

I've always thought ice skating was fun. I've only done it once, considering that I grew up in a place where it's pretty much summer all year around.

I struggled to balance when I first tried it, but with my dad's supervision, and my mom's cheerful noises as she records the moment, it became one of my fondest memories.

I picked it up quickly, so I thought that I shouldn't struggle with picking it up again after more than 10 years.

I thought.

When I let one leg touch the rink, I feel the forceful ice preventing me from balancing as it slips all around.

If I can't even find stability without the support of one foot that is off the ice, how can I, without any support at all?