XXXI

31

Author's POV

The day that Mia's anticipated for a long time has finally come after what seemed an endless month of preparing. Later today, they will ultimately pursue their dream of performing for their debut stage. They've had a lot of hype with articles popping up everywhere; "BigHit's First Ever Girl Group Since Glam." As crazy as it sounds, many have already joined their fanclub and created fansites.

Despite having to wake up at 4 in the morning to get ready, Mia and the girls were excited as piglets in a muddy pit.

Time seeps through the hours like a vacuum as they step foot on the stage. They were overwhelmed with all the fans who have come to support them.

"Someone pinch me right now. I can't believe this," Mia starts to tear up as the girls make their way backstage as their stage has finished.

"Ah don't cry Miaaaa! You're making me cry too!" Kyoungji exclaims, fanning her face with her hands in attempts of drying her tears.

"Congratulations on your debut guys! You all performed so well," the manager's words only makes Mia break down. "And there are special people who have come to support you!" She opens the door and Soyoung yells as she runs toward them.

"Eomma, appa! You guys are here!" She buries her face on their shoulder as they hug. Everyone else's parents, and some grandparents has arrived too. Soon, the whole room was full of cries and hugs. Mia's heart was touched seeing their family reunite as she thinks about her own family.

Then two more people steps into the room. Mia sees them and straightaway rushes toward them. She embraces them in tears as words couldn't come out of her mouth.

"Mia," her dad comforts her as her mum also chokes in tears. "Congratulations, we're so proud of you."

• • •

"Hey guys! We saw you guys on tv! Congratulations!" RM yells from afar as the other members wave brightly.

Mia found it weird that there was always only 5 of them. Jimin's probably avoiding me as usual, but I also haven't seen Jin with them anymore for the past couple of weeks. "Let's go out! Our treat," Hoseok beams a sun.

The girls willingly agree to free food, following them to a nearby restaurant. They fill themselves up with meat and a few drinks before heading back to the dorm early for their curfew as they have busy schedules for the next couple of weeks.

"Hmm, it's true when they say free food is much more delicious," Mia rubs her full stomach.

"You're lucky you digest quickly, I tried to hold myself back there. We still have long promotions to do! I have to stay in shape," The tone in Soyoung's voice reflects how dissatisfied she was.

"Don't worry, I'll treat you once you guys are done with your promotions," Hoseok whispers, but failed as everyone still manages to hear it.

"WOW! What about us?" Hyeji complains, but Hoseok just shows his empty pocket.

"I'll treat you," RM winks, bumping his arms with hers.

"My gosh, go get a room everyone!" Jiwon states in frustration.

Mia converts her focus on the maknae. "Aiiish, you better not focus on that right now Kyoungji-ah, you're still a baby okay?" She messes Kyoungji's hair.

"Ahh, leave me alone old woman," Kyoungji rolls her eyes.

"Oi! You're only a few months younger, don't speak to me like that!" Mia reaches for Kyoungji, but she runs away towards Jungkook who was walking by himself in the back. Soon, they were both circling the poor boy, viciously pulling him here and there.

"Yeah exactly! So don't treat me like a baby!" Kyoungji pokes her tongue out.

"Aish, that's enough," he holds down Mia.

"No, let me go! That kid needs to be taught a lesson!" She struggles under Jungkook's hold as Kyoungji sticks her tongue out once more before running forward towards the rest of the people.

When Mia's calmed down, he lets her go. "I can't believe you let her act like that. Remember when I was rude to you? I was forced to apologise, ugh how unfair," she rants.

He chuckles, "everyone else but you is an exception, that's why."

"What!" Mia continues her little rant about equality, whilst Jungkook only stare at her speak. "Hey, this isn't funny! Why are you smiling?!" She snorts in anger before walking away from him.

"Okay, I'm sorry," he grabs her wrist abruptly, making her turn to face him. They look at each other's sparkling eyes in awkwardness.

"I need to talk to you about something," he clears his throat, continuing their walk back to their dorms. "You probably didn't hear about this, as you guys have been busy reaching your debut date, but Jin hyung's gone to do his military service."

"Ah, really? No wonder I haven't seen him for the past couple of weeks. Too bad I didn't get to say goodbye," Mia pouts.

"He wanted to pass on the message of congratulating you."

She smiles, "I hope he's doing fine."

"Yeah," Jungkook sounded unsure.

Mia turns her head towards Jungkook, "is there something wrong?"

"Jimin hyung's gone too." He spoke low, but enough for her to hear it.

"Oh." She was quiet, "I see."

"Are.... you still mad at him?"

Silence fills the atmosphere, hearing Mia's heavy breathing that includes of somewhat guilt. Her gut didn't sit right, she somehow feels that she's part to blame of why he's gone.

"It's a long story," Jungkook pitches in, after seeing Mia battle herself in her head with her thoughts.

"What is?" She had an itch feeling it was about Jimin.

So there is a story.

It wasn't a question, it was a statement, confirming her assumptions.

She tears up, knowing Jimin had a reason. Her already broken heart was about to be torn and messed up again like a salad.

There was never really despised feelings for Jimin. Maybe at the start, but it was only the root feelings of confusion. Not understanding his actions out of the blue, even though he mutilated and dismembered her heart before throwing it to the dark where it's difficult to find, she had an underlying feeling that he had no choice but to do it.

She just accepted whatever was given, and was willing to wait whenever answers come knocking with a torch to guide her back from the dark world she was lost in.

And finally, she sees a hint of light.

"About why Jimin did what he did, and why he had to do it."