I m a g i n e 4

M A R K || T H E  P R I N C E

He was the prince and I was the maid, the first time i saw him was when my mother was very sick and i had to go to the castle and become a maid as it paid extremely well. I was being shown around around the castle when i first saw him.

Prince Mark.

He looked like he wasn't expecting anyone to be around the castle as it was really late, he didn't wear his crown and was wearing his white pajamas, he stared at us for a while with sleepy eyes and messy hair. I didn't realize i was staring and forgot to courtesy at him until my guide who was another maid called Lianna nudged me. I gasped a bit before curtsying, a slight blush on my cheeks for getting caught staring.

The prince chuckled and looked at Lianna, "Who is this?"

"This is the new maid miss y/n," she introduced, I smiled awkwardly and waved.

"Nice to meet you, i'm Mark," he smiled and held his hand out, i shakily placed my hand on his palm and he grinned before kissing my hand which made me blush.

Once he released my hand he told Lianna, "i'll show her around from now,"

My eyes widened and turned to look at Lianna giving her a 'help' look, she only shrugged and mouthed, "prince's order" before leaving me with the prince.

I looked at him awkwardly before looking at the ground again, he chuckled,"Shall we start from the kitchen?"

I nodded frantically,"It's up to you your majesty,"

"Please just call me Minhyung," i heard him say as i trotted behind him.

"But that wouldn't be appropriate," i protested a bit, i didn't want to get into trouble.

"Shh, Prince's order," he smirked. Did he really just say that? I'm definitely doomed.

He walked ahead of me and as i have shorter legs than he do, let's just say it's hard to keep up with him. He stoped in front of the kitchen door i assume and turned to see me struggling to catch up to him.

"You should try walking faster,"

"You can't blame me that i have short legs!" i pouted.

He laughed and poked my nose which made me flustered, "You could at least try walking faster,"

"I did! You just have longer legs than i do,"

"I don't think you tried at all," he sighed dramatically and walked into the kitchen.

He grabbed an apple on the table and tossed one at me, i stared at him, i mean he does remember that i'm not royalty like him and that i shouldn't take anything without the king's permission right.

He seemed to finally realize it and said, "It's okay eat up, you're too thin,"

I opened my mouth to protest but he shushed me. I took a bite hesitantly and he smiled, he's going to be bad influence.

"So tell me about yourself, how did a pretty lady like you end up here being a maid?" he looked at me curiously.

"I'm not pretty but i come from a poor family in town and my mom's sick, so i need to do this to get more money and pay for medicine all that,"

"Oh i'm sorry to have asked that," silence took over us after he said that but it ended shortly after he tried to sit on the shelf but it was too tall for him and he ended up slipping down instead, i tried to muffle my laughter with my sleeve as i stared at the prince who's on the floor clearly in pain.

'He stared at me and giggled a bit,"Don't tell anyone that happened,"

I laughed and nodded, the clock rang and my eyes widened, i'm supposed to be cleaning the ball room right now.

"Your maje- i mean minhyung it was really nice for you to raid the kitchen with me but i have to leave now," i mumbled apologetically.

'Oh it's okay, i guess i'll see you around?" he smiled hopefully, i grinned and turned to leave.

"Hey y/n!" he yelled and i turned around, "I really like being with you, find me tomorrow after the ball ends okay?"