3. Jodie

I was stuck, I didn't even realize it until Landon called my name pulling me out the daze. "Huh?" I tore my eyes from her placing them on Landon. "You gon' say something?" He questioned.

I looked back over at her as she sat at the bar looking at a menu. Kira. Long haired thick redbone. She was the only girl I ever truly claimed as mine. I fucked shit up with her though. Being young and dumb. I apologized until I couldn't anymore but I did her so bad in her eyes she ran. I mean shawty up and moved to a different state for school. I told myself if I ever saw her again I would try my damn hardest to make shit right. But I honestly was nervous as fuck right now. Wasn't no telling how she would respond.

I shook my head no as I looked back at Landon. Chris and him looked confused by my response. "You pussy now?" Chris yelled out. I shook my head as I picked up my beer, drinking it. I wasn't in the mood for his childish antics.

"What's the problem?" Landon asked, "she here. You always said -"

I cut him off, "I know what I said and I'm good. That was years ago."

"Man, that look say ain't shit changed."

"I was surprised. I ain't seen shawty in years. You reaching."

"Well look, how you gon' feel if-"

"Chris shut the fuck up." I already knew he was about to say some dumb shit.

He laughed as I watched her get up. Turning around to where she faced us. I took my eyes off of her gluing them to the beer in front of me as I saw Landon turn around then quickly face back forward. "Yo she walking this way, I think she saw you too."

I ran a hand down my face as she neared closer, lifting my eyes as she got closer to the table only for our eyes to connect. I felt like her eyes held every emotion and I couldn't determine how she felt about seeing me again.

She stopped, surprise now clearly written on her face. "Jodie."

"Kira?" I asked as if I didn't already know.

A small smile started to form on her face. "Wow," she said as she looked me up and down. I didn't know if it was a good wow or a bad one.

"How you doing?" I asked trying to gauge how she felt.

Smile on her face, "I'm good. I'm back."

I chuckled, "I see. What brings you back?"

She looked towards Chris and Landon, giving them a wave and a smile as to not be rude. They spoke before she put her attention back on me, "can we talk after I hit the ladies room? Then I'll gladly answer that question."

I nodded my head, "yeah." She made her way past the table to the bathroom as Landon and Chris started up. "Bro you it." Chris said with a smile.

I shook my head, "shawty still want you." He continued.

Landon nodded his head agreeing. "She smiling, want to talk to you. You in there. Just do right by her this time."

I took a sip of my beer before putting it down, "I don't know how y'all took a simple conversation to mean we're back together. Ya'll on one tonight."

"This is the opportunity you wanted, that's all I'm saying." Landon finished as he picked up his beer.

She came back from the bathroom stopping at the table, her attention on Chris and Landon, "do y'all mind if I steal him?" They both shook their head no as she proceeded to ask me to join her at the bar. And I did.

That night Kira and I caught up on a lot, she told me how hurt she was by finding out how many girls I had cheated on her with. One girl had even went to the length to send her a video of me and the girl having sex, which I didn't know. I was trash as fuck and honestly had no business being in a relationship back then. But she told me her time away made her realize how much she loved me and how she knew I felt bad for what I did, which I did. She'd been contemplating on hitting me up, but her seeing me was her answer.