5. Mink

I sat there feeling awkward as hell. It was clear everyone was just as surprised to see me as I was to see them, I was going to cuss Aria out after this shit. I sat there talking to Desmond, and Aria here and there as everyone else engaged in conversation.

Desmond and I had met at Walmart a couple of months ago and we'd been vibing. Aria asked me to come to dinner with her and Landon and bring a date and he was the first person I thought of. But I should of known this would be some shit because she don't ever ask me to randomly do shit like that.

"I'll be right back," I got up making my way to the bathroom. I fixed some fly aways and applied some clear gloss to my lips as I pep talked myself through this situation. As soon as I made my way out Jodie cornered me. I let out a little scream as I quickly covered my mouth, my heart rate quickened. "Jodie what the fuck, you scared me."

He ignored my statement as he pushed me into the family restroom and locked the door. "What the fuck?" He questioned as he stood over me. His dreads neatly in a low ponytail as his broad arms hugged his shirt. The smell of his cologne hit me, taking my attention for a second. But I quickly snapped out of it as I rolled my eyes. "You didn't say two words when I spoke to everyone and now you want to corner me in a bathroom? Good day sir." I started making my way to the door but he quickly blocked it. "Mink!"

"What?" I crossed my arms.

"I don't fuck with the dude you brought at all-"

"Okay and? I don't fuck with the bitch you brought." I cut him off. He clinched his jaw as he ran a hand down his face, "nahh, you don't get it I'm going to whoop his ass."

I rolled my eyes, I knew Jodie wasn't stupid enough to fight in a restaurant. I made my way out as he said one last thing, "on everything if y'all come go to Landon's after this I'm fighting that nigga."

"Jodie do you."

I sat back down beside Desmond as I decided to text him to figure out what the deal was.

What's up with you and Jodie?

He looked at me and chuckled before he started texting me back.

I guess the nigga still mad I fucked the girl he with.

I rolled my eyes upset that Jodie came at me stupid over his disrespectful ass girl and upset that Desmond even entertained her. I was over him. I decided to send Jodie a quick text too.

Are you serious? Cause he fucked your little rude ass bitch you trying to pop off? You weak af.

He looked up at me upon seeing my name come across his screen. I watched as he opened the message not looking up until the message came through on my phone.

FOH. You should know me better than that. He was mad that I snatched her from him so he leaked a video of her and put some of her nudes out there cause he was mad. I told him when I saw him it was on sight. I'm a man of my word, if I say I'm going to do something I'm going to do it no matter how long it take.

That shit was lowdown, but at this point I was over both of them. I didn't fuck with the bitch so knowing that it was all over her I ain't care about it. I locked my phone not responding as the food came out. I was just ready to go at this point.

Luckily the dinner went smoothly the remainder of the time and we were all headed to Aria's, Landon's mom was keeping Ava for the night I asked Desmond over and over if he wanted to skip it and he said no, he was enjoying the night. I even told him what Jodie said and he didn't care. I felt unsettled but still went nonetheless, I was starting to feel okay until Desmond had to run out to the car to grab his charger and Jodie decided to go out there too. I quietly slipped out since no one else seemed to notice as I walked into them talking.