23. Chris

"So is this like your girlfriend Chris?" My mom questioned as she smiled, leaning against the counter.

I shook my head no as I ran my hand down my face. "That's this other shawty." Shit I was trying to make Jasmine my girl so I was going to claim it.

Her smile dropped, "so you have a baby mama and a girlfriend?" My mother leaned up as she put her hand on her hip. "Just like your damn daddy."

I chuckled at the statement just as a knock came through on the door. "Speaking of the devil," she rolled her eyes as she made her way to the door.

Casey's parents and mine were meeting today, we were all coming together due to Carson, my son. Damn, that shit sounded crazy to me. I have a fucking son. This wasn't some shit I saw coming but I was going to play my part if my dad could have eight kids and be there for all of them there was no excuse for me.

"Damn Gina, you still look good as a motherfucka." My dad said as he walked in, looking my mother up and down, I laughed. That right there was why my dad had so many kids.

My mother waved him off as she turned around heading back my way. He smacked his teeth. "See that's why I'm not with your ass. Rude and ungrateful."

I shook my head already knowing where this was going. They bumped heads like no other sometimes. My mother put her hand on her hip as she looked towards him. "No your ass not with me cause you put your nasty dick in everything." I pulled out my phone as she mumbled under her breathe, "eight damn kids and five baby mamas."

My dad heard it though. "You always talking about how many kids and baby mamas I got! But I was there for all my kids!"

"But you damn sure was never a good man to anybody, you was a fucking walking cheating STD."

"Shit, you loved it though."

"Get the fuck out of here Charles."

I looked up with a slight smile on my face, "pops leave my mom alone."

He shook his head as he came towards me wrapping his arm around my neck. "How you been son?"

I locked my phone as I leaned back in the chair. "Shit, bad." I tried to laugh off.

"Why?" He questioned as he took a seat beside me as my mom started to finish the final touches on dinner that she made. "Cause of this baby?"

I shook my head no, "I mean yeah that add to it, but not the baby itself. Just some girl issues."

"Son listen, it's plenty of fish in the sea." That I already knew, that was my problem and clearly my fathers too. I was trying to get a taste of every fish, knowing I already found my favorite. His voice got low. "But if I could redo anything in life I wouldn't have let some of those girls get away, your mom being one," he said exceptionally low. I wasn't surprised though he was always flirting with her she just never returned. But my pops did her dirty as fuck back in the day, while she was pregnant with me he got another girl pregnant in the process. Leaving me with a brother only a couple of months younger than me, then he did it again, leaving me with another brother just a couple more months younger than me. I didn't talk to my siblings like that seeing as how we were all spread out around the state. He was a rolling stone.

I locked eyes with him "you serious?"

My dad nodded his head, "don't be like me son, enjoy hitting all the chicks you can. But once you think you've found a good one, stick to it. I wish my pops would have told me that. I know I ain't shit, but I don't have to raise ain't shit sons. Got six of y'all mothafuckas." He laughed.

I laughed slightly as another knock came through on the door, knowing it was Casey and her folks. "They're here!" my mother said in a singing like voice as she put the last of the stuff on the table before walking towards the door.

Nerves started to kick in and I didn't know why, probably because I never met a girl's parents before, and she wasn't just any girl at this point. We had a baby.

They came in as my mother went straight for Carson, then ushered them to the dining room. "He is so handsome," she cooed as she held him up. Her happiness was apparent. "I'm so happy you all could make it," my mother stated after she stopped gushing over Carson, "I'm Chris' mother, Gina and that's his father, Charles."

Her parents smiled introducing themselves as well. "I'm happy that you've finally decided to man up and be in his life, he needs a father, not just a father figure." Her dad stated as he took a seat at the table as everyone else did the same.

It threw me off a little bit, he said it as if I had knew about Carson from the beginning and was just now coming around.

My dad caught it too because he quickly responded. "Man up? My son has been a man, which is why as soon as he found out about the child we made sure to set this up."

Her father laughed, "as soon as he found out? My grandson's six months going on seven. He knew when she was pregnant."

She had been lying to her parents, Casey quickly cleared her throat as my mother sat Carson back down in his car seat. "Can we eat?" Casey questioned, "I'm starving."

My mother nodded her head, "yes!" Her eyebrows were knitted together as she looked at me, but handed Casey the chicken as Casey's mother picked up one of the sides putting some on her plate. "How long have you known?" My mom asked me.

I looked at Casey whose eyes pleaded with me to lie but I wasn't about to do that shit. My mom would still get in my ass, no matter how old I am. "When I told you." I answered truthfully. "I had to get a paternity test. Once it came back I told you."

"That's what I thought" my mother breathed out.

Casey's dad shook his head as he mumbled under his breathe loud enough for all of us to hear. "As if you didn't already know it was yours."

What the fuck did she have her parents believing? "I didn't." I stated as I looked at him. "She wasn't my girlfriend and we weren't exclusively having sex with each other."

"Christopher." My mom let out.

"Just because you might've been out here being a dog doesn't mean my daughter was," her mother let out.

"Excuse me," my mother started. "I don't know what your child told you but what you won't do is sit here and come for my child. He said he didn't know, so he didn't know and when he found out he made sure we all came together. So that's what we are going to focus on. There is a baby to be raised."

My dad blew a out a breathe as he shook his head. "Gina, better you than me. Coming for my son cause y'all daughter a ho."

"Pops!" I let out. He could be ruthless as hell.

"Excuse me?" Her dad questioned as he dropped his silverware to look at my dad. Casey and her mother were looking at my dad like he was crazy too. But I couldn't even be mad at them.

"You heard -"

"Stop it!" My mother yelled out as she stood up before my dad could even finish. "This is not what this was for. This was for us to meet, to move forward, to start building a relationship. I will not sit here and let anyone continue to tear anybody down."

Everyone stayed silent as my mother sat back down, we all piled our plates with food as my mother blessed the food and we ate in silence for a while before my mother started a conversation. But I knew this wasn't the last of Casey's parents coming for me and I wasn't for that shit.