20. Jodie

"Do you want the baby to be yours?" I asked Landon as we sat at a table at the bar.

He sighed, "no I don't want the baby to be mine. I'm twenty-three. How the fuck I sound with two kids not even a year apart? Plus I could never look at her the same and with me still trying to work into Aria's good graces that's the last thing I need."

I nodded my head as he started talking again. "But Chris ain't shit, ion think that nigga will take care of that baby. I swear I still owe him an ass whooping. Nigga ain't have no type of loyalty."

I nodded understanding where he was coming from, what Chris did was shady as fuck and we talked about it. This just wasn't his time, all his shit was hitting the fan. "I feel you, but I think he'd take care of that baby." I knew he would, that's one thing he told me he would do.

Landon waved his hand as he took a swig of beer, "yeah whatever. Off that bitch."

I chuckled as I shook my head taking a swig of my own beer, watching as the bar got more and more crowded. "How things with Aria?"

He nodded his head, "we good. Real good, it's strictly co-parenting. But I be over there a lot, purposely." He laughed.

"You ain't giving up." I shook my head as I took another sip of my beer.

He shook his head, "not at all. I'm done with the bullshit forreal. Like Jodie I'm not messing with no other girls. Couldn't even tell you the last time I had sex."

I quickly looked at him, "what? You?"

"Exactly my nigga, I just need one more shot. I swear I won't fuck it up."

"And what if she don't give it to you?"

He sighed, "then at least I can say I gave it my all in trying to get her back. At the end of it I can't be mad at anybody but myself."

"Respect." We sat quiet for a moment, both of us in our own thoughts as we drank.

"That Mink?" He asked causing me turn to indeed see Mink walking in the bar with a girl I'd never seen her with before. I knew her and Kennedy were at odds but I ain't think it was that deep that she was hanging with somebody new.

"Yeah," I stated. I was going to approach her once she got settled. We hadn't talked since her and Kira got into that fight. She wasn't fucking with me at all, she'd been dodging my calls and text too.

Her and the girl sat at a table as they laughed at something, "I'll be back."

"Get yours!" Landon laughed. I shook my head as I neared her, her friend spotting me first giving me a flirtatious smile causing Mink to turn and look at me.

She spotted me quickly turning back around as I sat beside the girl in order to face her. "Hey!" I said with a small smile looking between the two. Her friend gave me a once over with a smile. "Hey," she said flirtatiously. Mink didn't respond as she now had her head in her phone, acting as if I came over to talk to her friend instead of her.

"Mink." I called out, trying to get her attention. Her friend quickly looked over at her once she realized I knew her, slight defeat on her face.

"What Jodie?" She asked with her head still in her phone. There was definitely some tension and her friend picked up on it, "well I'm going to go grab a drink" her friend said as she quickly got up heading to the bar.

"What's your deal?" I questioned, "why you dodging me and shit?" She finally looked up at me as she locked her phone.

"We don't have nothing to talk about." She easily let out.