14. Mink

"This is not a date." I spoke matter of factly as I sat across from Bryan. Though I told the girls I was headed to one, I definitely wasn't looking at it like that. I couldn't look at it like that, it was Bryan. But I also couldn't tell them I was going out with him either.

He smiled as he put his hands up, "clear on that."

I got comfortable as I placed my clutch on the table, "even though I'm not sure why you came if you really believe that." He continued causing me to quickly look up at him.

"Bryan."

He laughed, "Mink what are you so scared of? We grown as fuck, if we want to deal with each other we can."

"That's not the point," I picked up the water he had ordered for me before I arrived as I took a sip of it.

He chuckled as he looked me up and down, licking his lips. Fresh shape up on his head and goatee lined up at well. "Then what is Mink? Friendships into relationships are the best ones." He smiled.

I laughed. "We were barely friends Bryan. This sudden interest you have in me doesn't mean it'll be anything."

"Sudden interest we have in each other," he tried to correct.

I rolled my eyes as he laughed. "Mink be real, if you didn't have an interest in me as well you wouldn't be here."

"Speaking of, why are you here?" I questioned.

"You." I rolled my eyes again. He shook his head as a smile played on his face. "Keep rolling them eyes they going to fall out. Seriously, came to see the boys but you were the main reason. I was trying to take you out and you let me."

I cursed myself for not being able to stop the small smile that appeared on my face. The rest of the dinner we caught up and learned more about each other. Bryan definitely knew how to make me laugh and hold my interest.

He finished tipping and signing off on the check before looking up at me with a sinister smile, "what you bout to do?"

"Go home."

"Come with me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Come with you where?"

He scooted his chair back, "just come with me."

I shook my head no, "tell me where." I crossed my arms as I waited for his response.

He licked his lips as he smiled that pearly white smile. "Kira having a little get together -"

I cut him off before he could finish, "hell no. Me and her do not rock with each other and you saw it first hand."

He smacked his teeth as he waved it off, "that's because she thought you wanted her man, you rolling through with me plus Jodie asked me to come and he said to bring a date."

"Who has a get together on a Sunday?"

He laughed, "man Mink come with me, we won't be there long plus I still have an hour drive and then some to get back to my apartment. Trust we ain't going to be there long but I said I would slide through."

"And what if I wouldn't have came on this date with you, then who were you showing up with?"

He smiled, "Mink, you were coming. Let's go."

I rolled my eyes as I stood up, "I'm driving myself there."

He shrugged his shoulders, "that's fine."