27. Double POV

Landon |

"Happy Birthday to you!" Everyone sung, as the end of the birthday song was ending! "Remix!" Mink called out as everyone already knew what version we were singing next as people started clapping hitting the notes of the Stevie Wonder version.

I smiled as they finished up as Ava tried standing up in her seat all smiles as she danced to it. It was crazy how quick time flew by. I seriously had a one year old daughter and had graduated college. Shit was not how I wanted it to be, but I knew all was well nonetheless.

I smiled as I looked over at Aria as she now held Ava with her mother starting to cut the cake. My love for her still ran deep and there was no doubt about that. "Still got it for her huh?" I looked to my right as one of her male cousins, Bradley, stood beside me. He was cool, he had a daughter too, a year older than Ava.

I shook my head as I chuckled. "I fucked up what could've been and should've been." I answered honestly.

He looked over at Aria who was all smiles as she helped to get ice cream on the plates that her mother was putting cake on. He shook his head. "I been there, when the last time you tried her? Like tried to take her out? Show her you still interested."

As I thought about it I realized I hadn't in a minute. I feel like I verbally let it be known, months ago and it was obvious in how I reacted at times when I heard she was dealing with someone else. But I hadn't asked her to go out, hadn't tried to date her. "I mean, she know I'm still feeling her. I actually haven't tried to take her on a date though, I know that shit going to be a no."

He tapped my chest. "You don't know until you try. Girls play hard to get, and sometimes really are hard to get after we fucked up but if she still got some love for you she going to let you take her out. Girls love free meals." He smiled as I laughed. I nodded taking in what he said. "I might try." I responded honestly as I looked over towards him.

He smiled, "just do it, and keep my cousin happy. If you play her ass again I'll fuck you up though." His tone getting serious, " I'm letting you slide and putting you up on game off the strength that you remind me of me years ago. I know you ain't mean no harm by it, but you dumb as fuck." With that he made his way over to the cake hollering to make sure Aria's mom cut him a big piece.

I shook my head and then looked around just taking everything in. All the kids, all our friends and family. I didn't realize how much I appreciated and enjoyed shit like this. "Landon!" I turned as I made eye contact with Aria as she motioned for me to come over. I made my way over as she easily looked at Ava sitting in her high chair, "can you get some pictures of me eating the cake for me?" I looked over at Ava with a handful of cake bringing it to her mouth. I smiled as I easily pulled out my phone.

"Damn, that's really you in female form." I turned as Bryan came up on me hitting my shoulder. "Shit crazy right?" I questioned with a smile as I dapped him up. "Preciate you for sliding through." I let out as our hands released. "Of course, just wanted to make sure I got at you before I headed out." He let out before he turned and spoke his goodbyes to Aria and her mother. We exchanged a few more words before he made his departure,

Before I knew it the party was coming to an end, as more and more people made their way out leaving Aria, her mom, my mom, some of her friends and I to clean up.

Aria took a seat as she closed her eyes. "I'm so tired," she let out to no one in particular. And she had every reason to be. She had been running around all week to prepare for this party and then today in itself had been pretty busy.

I looked around as everyone was in different areas taking down decorations, or boxing up food and picking up trash. I walked towards her taking off the table cloth. "You did a bomb ass job," I stated. She opened her eyes looking at me. "We did a bomb ass job," she corrected. I shook my head, "you did all the work."