13. Aria

I put Ava in her playpen as I headed towards the door as a knock came through. I knew it was Landon, he was coming to pick up Ava and they were going to his little cousin's birthday party. Landon and I had been pretty good lately. We only talked when it came to Ava, and he would always check on me to make sure I was straight. Like I've always stated, he was a good father and he definitely made this co-parenting thing easy.

"Hey," I smiled as I opened the door.

He looked up at me as he took his eyes from his phone. Smile on his face with the fresh shape up. "What's up?" I turned around heading back into the apartment as Ava started her baby talk as she saw her daddy, mainly all gums with a couple of teeth pushing through with a smile on her face. Landon had a huge smile on his face as he went towards her, causing me to smile at their relationship.

He picked her up as he turned around looking at me. "Her bag ready?"

I nodded my head as I headed to my room to grab it, I walked back out as he took a seat on the couch, I put my hand out towards him with the bag in it for him to take. He quickly stood back up grabbing it, "you sure you don't want to come? You know Keli loves you." He questioned with a knowing look.

His cousin Keli was the one throwing the party, her daughter was turning one. She had invited me but I thought it might be weird. "You already dressed, come on." He continued.

I bit my lip as I thought, his response reading my mind "Aria, it's clear. People know we aren't together anymore. It's not going to send any mixed signals."

I sighed. "I'm going because I love Keli and Karyn is my baby."

He chuckled, "Okay. Let's go though, it starts in ten minutes."

I was already dressed in a sundress with my hair down, I threw on my sandals and locked up as I followed behind Landon.

"I'm so happy you came!" Keli gushed as the party ended. I smiled, "me too."

"And Ava is getting so big, she's about to turn one too. Like where is the time going."

"I know," I whined. "I'm not ready." I turned looking in Ava's direction as Landon stood talking to Keli's boyfriend with Ava in his arms.

"He's a good dad isn't he?" I turned back around to face her to answer her question, "most definitely."

"So," she started as she pulled out a chair to sit down, signaling for me to follow. "I heard you guys broke up. And you know I wasn't happy about it and even more upset when I found out what happened. I want you to know that I lit fire to his ass."

I chuckled, "seriously," she continued. "But how are you?"

I nodded my head, "I'm good. Focused on graduating and Ava. I'm good." I really rocked with Keli, but just as hard as I rocked with her Landon rocked with her, they were each other's favorite cousin so I knew she was about to go somewhere with this.

She smiled as she flipped her freshly died honey blonde hair off her shoulders, it matched her light skin perfectly. Keli was gorgeous. "Have you guys discussed possibly getting back together?"

I sighed, knowing it was coming "nope. And it's not something I want to even think about right now."

She pouted, "I understand. Well I hope you guys do one day. Y'all look good together and are great at this parenting thing together."

I smiled as Mama Powers came to the table taking a seat. "Well hello Aria," she said with slight attitude. "You and Landon break up and you act like you don't know anybody."