7. Jodie

"My mans," Quay smiled as he dapped me up. It'd been a minute since I saw him. We used to kick it back when I was in high school and selling drugs heavy my freshman year of college.  He was still in the game deep and I could tell it was most definitely treating him well.

I smiled. "I see you doing good, living better." I stated as I nodded my head towards his whip. He swatted the air, "man that's nothing. I see you still out living nice too," he replied as he rubbed his hands looking at my cocaine white Audi. I shook my head, "that's old money." And it was, I used some of the money I saved up from when I sold heavy to purchase it. I had a lot of money saved up from selling drugs I was never one that felt the need to impress others by getting extravagant things.

"Old or new it's nice." He smiled, "appreciate it. What's up though?" I questioned. He'd hit my line saying he needed to talk to me, we hadn't really talked in years. Caught up in passing but never tried to purposely get up with one another.

"I know you out the game and shit."

"Nahh Quay," I shook my head. I felt like I already knew where he was going with this.

"Listen, bossman said you were one of his best men. These new niggas on some crazy shit on the other side he just want you to scare them."

"Scare them how? And why he ain't reach out?"

"He felt like as soon as his name came up you would've ignored it, regardless of the fact that he let you make runs when you want. And I honestly don't know exactly what he want you to do."

I shook my head as I ran a hand down my face. I got out of this shit for a reason, it was all I grew up around and decided I would be better. It was damn good money, but not worth risking my life and freedom for. But I wasn't completely out it, which is why it was so easy for these niggas to reach me. Whenever I needed some extra money I would make a drop which easily brought me a couple thousand. But it was whenever I wanted cause boss fucked with me like that but he was right if he came calling I was dodging that shit because I felt like he was just trying to pull me back in more and more.

"He said you can name your price and everything." I looked at him. Shaking my head again as we stood in the school parking lot by the commons area, I stayed silent as I thought, people watching in the process as I caught Kira coming my way, smile on her face. "Damn," I heard Quay say as I turned looking at him watching as his eyes scanned Kira causing me to smile. She came up stopping in front of me as she spoke, her eyes looking towards Quay before she introduced herself to him. "This you?" He asked. I nodded my head as he smiled. "I ain't mad. But aye, imma let y'all do your thing. Just hit my line when you decide."

He dapped me up again before leaving as I assured him I would let him know. "Who was that?" Kira questioned.

"One of my niggas from back in the day." I unlocked my car as I opened my door, "you hungry? Cause a nigga hungry." She smiled as she walked around to the passenger side getting in. "Hell yeah."

Kira and I had just finished eating when we saw Landon and Aria walk in. They ordered their food and then came over to our table taking a seat beside each on of us.

"What a small world." Aria smiled.

"We right down the street from Campus." I responded, we were bound to run into someone we knew every time we came here.

She rolled her eyes before hitting me, "so, all these restaurants and we end up at the same one."

"This the only good one," Landon added in causing me to chuckle. She rolled her eyes again before looking towards Kira and speaking, "just wanted to say hey, Kennedy and Mink are on there way up here." She stated towards me after Kira and her finished their short exchange.