Chapter 7:

Chapter 7:

"Am I getting too close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison asked the two girls in the car with her as she drove behind the school bus. Her eyes flickered to the side to glance at the brunette who was quiet the entire ride while the strawberry blonde had been taking selfies in the back seat.

"That depends." Lydia started, putting her phone down. "Are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?"

"Yeah, I should back off." She murmured quietly as she grimaced.

"Well, that also depends." The genius continued, glancing at her best friend who had yet to add to the conversation. "Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?"

"Well, after it happened, I'm not letting him out of my sight." Allison said and saw the look that Lydia gave her. She quickly got defensive. "And by the way, this all started when he came knocking at my door."

"For what?"

Allison quickly told them that Scott had come by her apartment to give back the arrow he found and to warn her to stay away from the alphas.

Emily sat up in her seat, turning her head to look at the brunette in the driver's seat before her eyes fell on the fuel gauge. "Is that whole not let them out of your sight thing literal or more like a general rule?" She asked, finally speaking as she tried to distract herself from the thoughts of how Derek was probably dead.

Allison blinked. "Why?"

"Because you're running out of gas." Emily quipped boredly, staring out the window blankly.

"Ugh." The huntress groaned.

"Yeah." Lydia muttered. "And I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota."

"What if we stop?" Emily asked, she felt tired from sitting for so long. "Is it really that big of a deal? I mean, so what if we lose them. We already know where they're headed." She reminded the girl.

"You didn't see what happened." Allison pointed out, glancing at Lydia.

Lydia sighed. "I know who started it."

"Is that what Aiden told you?" The huntress retorted and Emily glanced at Lydia with amusement.

"Aiden?" Lydia repeated, she saw the look in both her best friends eyes and scoffed. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second. Is that why you invited me on this whole little road trip thing? Oh, my gosh. You're keeping an eye on them and me."

"So there's nothing going on between you two?" Allison asked her, narrowing her eyes slightly to appear intimidating.

The girl pursed her lips, looking offended. "I'm appalled by the insinuation."