Chapter 11:

Chapter 11:

1865: Emily (18) Mateo (19)

Months quickly passed by in a blink of an eye. Emily and Mateo continued to meet in secret and their love flourished the more time they got to know each other. They had taken things slow since the first kiss they shared, only brief kisses with light touching here and there.

The only time Emily didn't feel pressured to be a vicious Pureblood was whenever she met up with her love. He was the only person who understood the pressure of being something she wasn't. Just because they were considered monsters by humans doesn't mean they had to be killers or give into their nature.

Just like her, Mateo appreciated life and treated the people around him with respect. He was a beta in his pack or rather the pack that had taken his sister and him in after their parents had died.

Currently, the brunette found herself unable to escape to visit Mateo since her father ordered her to spend the afternoon learning to fight. He had wanted his daughters to be able to fight back on the occasion they were attacked by hunters or the other creatures that lurked in the night.

Emily groaned, being knocked to the ground by her trainer, Luke. "Ow." She winced, sitting up.

William sighed heavily. "Emilya, get up!" He ordered harshly. "You need to be quicker."

"Yes, father." She said quietly, quickly standing up and looking at her sister who was smirking on the sidelines. Emily exhaled, before charging at the male vampire. Luke grabbed her punch, twisting her arm before throwing to the ground again. She grimaced, standing back up again and charging at him once more.

William clenched his jaw, seeing how his youngest holding back on her hits. "Stop playing around, Emilya and fight for real!" He yelled and growled under his breath. His eyes flickered to the timid, human trash that was standing on the side, watching and he quickly rushed to her. He grabbed the whimpering woman by the neck. "Emilya, attack Luke this instance or I will snap this woman's neck." He threatened.

Emily's breath hitched, staring at her handmaiden, Anna who was giving her this pleading look. The brunette looked at Luke, he was turned a few years before her by her father and he was kept around as a handler on new vampires that were turned. He was also the biggest male vampires that her father had turned.

The young pureblood chewed on the inside of her cheek, contemplating her move and saw her father tighten his hold on Anna who sobbed.

"Okay." Emily let out a shaky breath, nodding to herself before charging at Luke. The male quickly moved out of her way, turning around to grab her but choked when he felt something being stabbed through his chest.

"That is exactly what I wanted to see!" William grinned enthusiastically, watching in amusement as Luke's entire body went pale before he dropped dead to the floor. He released his hold on the human wench before approaching his daughter who seemed to be frozen in shock. "I mean, I was not expecting you to kill him but, I can't say that I'm disappointed. You can take the next few days off of training until I find another to fill in for Luke." He said, passing her by only to pause. "And another thing, I want to tell you of the man I decided you will marry. He comes from a good family and is another pureblood so, this will benefit our coven even more. You will be meeting him in a couple days." He smirked to himself before walking away.