Chapter 31:

Stiles stared at his lap, he had just found out about the tests they would be giving him later in the afternoon

Stiles stared at his lap, he had just found out about the tests they would be giving him later in the afternoon. There was a turmoil of emotions he was feeling at the moment. There was a high possibility that he had the same illness that took his mom from him.

It was a lot to swallow down. Especially knowing how much this was all probably affecting his dad. His dad didn't deserve all this stress.

If he did end up having the same illness as her than that would mean that he wasn't being possessed by the nogitsune. He didn't know which was worse.

There was a knock on the door that knocked him out of his deep thoughts. He glanced over, it was his beautiful girlfriend who was obviously trying to hide her own feelings. It didn't take him long to figure out that his dad probably told her what was happening.

"My dad told you didn't he." She nodded and he sighed.

Emily sat down beside him on the hospital bed, not looking at him as she slipped her hand into his. It was a lot for her to take in as well after his dad had pulled her aside and told her about his sudden concern for Stiles health. The more he explained what was happening, she hadn't waited long in looking up anything to save Stiles in case he did have it.

But there was no cure.

At least not anything humanly made could save him. There were other options for him. Although, she really hoped that it wouldn't be necessary.

She looked at their intertwined hands, the bracelets that wrapped around their wrists and what they represented.

Stiles didn't need her to say anything

Stiles didn't need her to say anything. Having her here with him was enough to bring him comfort. He knew that she would do anything to save him and he was sure that his best friend would be do the same as well.

oOo

Emily stood beside the Sheriff and Melissa with the doctor, standing in the small room where they could see Stiles through the window. She was anxious about what the results were going to be. She had spent the entire day by Stiles side.