Chapter 52:

"It's not just that she could still be alive." Stiles started, standing between his girlfriend and Lydia. The strawberry blonde had called Emily earlier about what she had found out at the lake house and the code her mother had given her that was left behind by Lydia's grandmother.

Lydia continued, facing the sheriff. "It's that she would've had to fake her death."

Sheriff stared at them doubtfully. "Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?"

"Definitely." Stiles said.

Emily glanced at her boyfriend. "Maybe."

He sighed. "More than likely, yes."

Noah blinked, looking more tired than ever. "Oh, I'm guessing you got a story to back this up?"

"She might be helping The Benefactor." Lydia hated to think that her own grandmother was helping someone hire people to kill supernaturals for money.

"Or is The Benefactor."

"That sounds like a story worth hearing." The sheriff said, wanting to have as much information in order to help. Because if it was true, then they would have a suspect they could start searching for. "But I think we should also tell Parrish since he seems to be involved in this as well." He preferred to have his most trusted deputy to help if possible. He went out the door to call out for Parrish but it seemed he wasn't at the station and decided to tell him later as he walked back inside to hear the story from the banshee.

Emily glanced away from the three, having already heard the story and furrowed her brows at the smell of burnt flesh. There was also a hint of gasoline. Only a couple minutes later they all heard the yelling but she could hear the fighting.

The sheriff was quick to rush over and open the door, they were all shocked to see Parrish and Haighs fighting. But what really caught them off guard was Jordan naked with his skin covered in soot and a bit burnt. "Hey! Hey!" Noah yelled, pulling his gun out when he saw the gun they were fighting over as they tumbled to the ground.

A shot rang out through the place and Noah stumbled to the floor, grabbing his shoulder. Stiles rushed to his father's side while Emily cursed over her breath, jumping over the pair and pulled Parrish off Haighs who was knocked out from the amount of punches to the face that the naked deputy gave him.

"Alright, enough!" She snapped at him angrily while Lydia helped Stiles with placing Noah on the bench.

Parrish glared at Haigh's on the floor. "He set me on fire and left me for dead."

Now that caught their attention. They all stared at the man in disbelief, wondering just how he was alive. But, the pained groan that left the Sheriff's lips reminded them that they needed to get him to the hospital.

.

oOo

.