Chapter 43:

"Wow

"Wow."

"Wow?" Stiles made a face at Deatons tone. They had just gotten back from México and Young Derek had been passed out the entire time. Both Kira and Malia had stayed in the jeep since they didn't know Derek. Now the young werewolf was lying on the examination table still unconscious. "Wow as in, I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do, kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

Deaton deadpanned. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

"He's really cold." Emily noted, touching Derek's arm, feeling both awed and in disbelief that he looked exactly like he did when he was 17. She glanced at the Vet. "This can't be permanent, right?"

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." He said. "This is well beyond my experience."

Stiles frowned when he saw Derk had subconsciously grabbed Emily's hand. "So what do we do with him?"

"Until he wakes up. Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?"

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Lydia furrowed her brows. "Why would she want do this to him?"

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her." Deaton said, staring at the young Hale.

The Sheriff's son scoffed. "And bad for everyone else."

'You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night..." He said, his eyes flickering to the young True alpha. "And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

Scott pursed his lips. "Someone should stay with you."

"I'll stay. My grades are fine..." Lydia offered, standing beside her best friend. "Despite missing a few classes."

"Or I could stay. He doesn't seem to want to let go." Emily muttered, trying to tug her hand out of the Hale's.

Stiles immediately walked up to the table with the unconscious teenager, narrowing his eyes at the hand that was gripping his girlfriends. "Well he better let go or else." He huffed, trying to pry off Derek's hand. He gritted his teeth, pushing down his jealousy. "Why won't he let go?"

"I think it might be because he knew Emily when he was younger and his subconscious is seeking comfort from someone familiar." Deaton said, not seeing the flash of jealousy on Stiles face.

The pureblood sighed. "Well, I'm not the one who offered to stay." She ignored the way Derek had tried to dig his claws into her hand to keep her from letting go and ripped her hand away, wiping her bleeding hand on her jeans. "There. Now we can go. If he tries anything Lydia, call me." She said before dragging her boyfriend and a protesting Scott out of the clinic.