Chapter 48:

"What the hell is happening to this kid?" Stiles exclaimed, watching with wide eyes as Bretts body was convulsing on the table with Emily mainly holding him down with Derek trying to help

Deaton glanced at him, holding a scalpel. "He's been poisoned by a rare wolfsbane. I need to make an incision and you need to hold him as still as possible."

Emily sent Derek a glare. "Maybe if someone held down his legs the rest of his body would be still." She said, keeping Brett's upper body down while the rest of his body continued to shake.

"If you can't hold him still, the incision might kill him." The vet said in a serious tone.

She huffed. "You know what..." She stepped around, allowing Brett to sit up, flailing his arms around with claws out. She pulled her fist back before punching the boy in the face, effectively knocking him out.

"You didn't have to do that." Derek growled at her, even though he knew that he hadn't been much help in the first place. She had been doing most of the work. He still didn't know what Kate had done to him and it was freaking him out. He covered his scratched arm that Brett managed to claw at.

She glared at him. "You were much help. You're supposed to be stronger than this kid and couldn't even hold him down for even a few seconds."

"Guys, I don't think he's breathing." Stiles said in a worried tone as he stared at Brett's unmoving chest.

Deaton immediately rushed up to him and cut open his chest, a puff of yellow smoke came out and the boy let out a sharp intake of air. "Well that was interesting." Peter drawled out, walking into the room.

"What are you doing here?" Derek questioned his uncle.

The man shrugged, his eyes falling on the slowly healing marks on his nephew. "Thought you could use some help but obviously Emilya took care of that."

"Don't call me that." She snapped at him, finally noticing the marks on Derek's arm that weren't healing as fast. She was prepared to question him but he shook his head. She frowned.

"I think he's saying something." Stiles voiced, furrowing his brows at Brett who was mumbling very quietly.

The boy muttered quietly, "The sun... The moon... The truth... The sun... The moon... The truth..."

"Three things cannot long be hidden." Deaton repeated, looking at them. "The sun, the moon, and the truth."

"It's Buddhist." Derek said, blinking in surprise.

Peter exhaled. "Satomi."

.

oOo

.

Malia burst into the living room with a wide eyed expression as her eyes fell on Emily who was staring at the fireplace. "What's wrong?"