Chapter 18:

Chapter 18:

The trio stepped out of the office

The trio stepped out of the office. "It's the Nemeton." Stiles rushed out. "That's where she's keeping them. It has to be..." His face soured at the man who began to approach them.

"Stilinski." The man called out, walking towards them.

Stiles groaned, turning to Lydia. "All right, look, go to Derek, okay? He and Peter, they've been there before, so they'll know where it is. Tell them it's the root cellar, all right? They'll know."

"Who is he?" Emily muttered, eyeing the man as her best friend took off. He resembled someone familiar.

She figured the only reason that Stiles knew about the nemeton was because Stiles heard the story about Derek and Paige. At least that's what she got from the brief touch earlier when she saw him, Cora and Peter in his mind talking about Derek's past.

"Scott's dad." He sighed, he really didn't like the man who walked out on his family. He turned to her. "You should go with Lydia."

"That's not going to happen

"That's not going to happen." She said, refusing to leave his side again. She got an idea. "Do you want me to compel him to leave?"

Stiles thought about it, debating whether or not he should have her do it and just as the man approached them, he answered her. "Yeah, we can't waste any time on him."

"Stiles, we need to talk." Rafael said, looking intimidating as his brown eyes flickered to the girl beside the teen and realized this was Emily Reed, one of the members of his son's clique.

Emily stepped up, her hazel eyes staring into his brown one's. "You're not going to ask him anything and you're going to leave right now." She compelled, the older man nodded repeating her words before leaving them. She sighed. "There."

Stiles thanked with a smile. "Great, now we can catch up to Lydia and find out where the nemeton is." He said, eager to find his dad.

"That won't be necessary."

The two turned their heads to see Alan Deaton standing there with a blank look. They shared a look before looking back at the former emissary.

oOo