Chapter 50:

"Just do it

"Just do it." She told with exasperation while holding out the chains towards him.

Stiles nose flared in anger. "I'm not going to chain you up." He said sternly, refusing to grab the chains from her hands.

"Stiles, the last time I was sick, I almost choked you." She snapped back, she felt sweaty and gross. It was annoying that she had no idea what it was that was affecting them all. "Now do it."

He could see in her gaze that she didn't want to hurt him again like last time. He didn't blame her for what happened. He exhaled in reluctance. "Fine." He muttered, not enjoying this one bit. He saw the look in her eyes. He narrowed his eyes. "Get your mind out of the gutter."

She rolled her eyes, leaning against the wall. "Whatever." He sat down beside her and she laid her head on his shoulder, feeling like her energy was slowly being drained away. She tried to think about anything else that wasn't Stiles blood.

Thankfully he spoke up after a few minutes had passed by. "You know, this is where it all started. That's where the money was. 117 million in bearer bonds."

Kira glanced in his direction. "How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?"

He shrugged, not sure himself. "Bank, I guess. They just let it sit here the whole time collecting dust. You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?"

"Why does it matter?"

He gave her a look of disbelief. "You know how many problems that money could solve?"

Kira blinked. "For you?"

"Me. My dad..." He paused, glancing down at his girlfriend and knew this conversation hadn't been brought up. "The Eichen House and MRI bills are crushing him."

Seeing the uneasy look on his best friends face, obviously uncomfortable at the idea of his girlfriend paying his bills. He decided to turn the attention away from him. "Mom does this thing, she writes down all the items in our budget, and how much they cost, then she adds them all up and figures out how long we have until..." He swallowed thickly, thinking about how he had heard his mother begging for more time to pay the bills when they had shut off the electricity. "We lose the house."

.

oOo

.

After they had been in the vault for almost an hour, they started to feel even worse except for Stiles who wasn't affected as badly as they were. He quietly spoke with Scott about him going to find a possible cure to help them. Scott was hesitant about letting go alone but he had no choice. He couldn't risk losing control and hurting someone.