Chapter 37:

Emily was busy making Stiles a sandwich as he slept on the couch in Scooby's house

Emily was busy making Stiles a sandwich as he slept on the couch in Scooby's house. She would've brought them to her place but, she really didn't want to explain why Malia was there. After bringing Stiles to see his dad, they had figured out that they needed a girl named Meredith who they suspected was a banshee like Lydia.

Her best friend who was still missing and she had no way of knowing if she was going to be okay.

She turned around to get a bottle of water for Stiles to drink from the fridge and when she turned around, she found Scooby taking a bite out of the sandwich she had made. She narrowed her eyes at him. "I made that for Stiles."

Scott set the sandwich down slowly and gave her a sheepish smile. "Oops. Sorry." He muttered apologetically.

She huffed, grabbing a knife and cut it in half. "You might as well eat that half. I'm not even sure he'll eat anyway." She had tried feeding Stiles last night but he wasn't hungry.

He eagerly ate the half she gave him, starving from missing breakfast after having spent looking for Lydia for most of the night. His brown eyes flickered to her faraway expression. "We'll find her, you know?"

Emily glanced at him, "Yeah, maybe." She murmured. Stiles awoke with sharp gasp, pulling them away from their conversation. The two rushed to his side. "Hey, you're okay." She soothed.

"What happened? How long was I out?" Stiles rushed out, staring at them wide eyed with his heart hammering in his chest.

"Just a couple of hours." Scott told him gently, "You should sit down."

"Where's my Dad?"

Emily gave him a small reassuring smile. "He's at Eichen House, questioning everyone. Looking for Meredith. I promised him I wouldn't let you out of my sight again."

He nodded, sighing. "Okay, what about the others?"

Scott pursed his lips, thinking about what everyone had texted him. "Allison, Isaac, Eli, and the Twins, they're all looking for Lydia."

"It's starting to feel like we're waiting for a ransom call." He muttered, glancing at his girlfriend who frowned slightly at his words. He felt like this was all his fault that Lydia was missing.

"We'll find her." The alpha assured him, seeing the guilt written all over Stiles face. "You all right?"

Stiles picked up his jacket and began to put it on. "Yeah. I don't know why, I just can't seem to get warm."

"Want me to find you a blanket?" Emily asked and he shook his head.

"Maybe you should sit down. Take it easy." Scott's hand grazed his and winced at the pain he felt. "You're in pain."

"It's not that bad." Stiles assured them, catching the expressions on their faces. "Just more like a dull ache."

"Where?" She demanded, she had to do something to help him.