Chapter 55:

Emily sat down on the bleachers with the sheriff taking a seat beside her

Emily sat down on the bleachers with the sheriff taking a seat beside her. Her eyes flickered to Malia who was seated a couple rows behind them and the werecoyote gave her a small wave that she returned.

"Do you think they can win without Scott?" Noah asked her, watching as his son tripped after stepping onto the field.

She blinked, pursing her lips slightly. "Maybe if Stiles and Scrappy stop worrying about him then just maybe they could win." She said, eyeing the young freshman and furrowed her brows at the fear rolling off of him.

He glanced at her. "By the way, I wanted to say thank you again." He gave her a grateful look. "It isn't just for the bills but for making Stiles happy. I really appreciate you looking out for him, for being there for him and for loving him. "

Emily felt warmth blossom in her chest at his words. "I honestly don't deserve your son especially since he's loved me far longer than I've loved him. I-I'm not a good person. He knows my past and knows the things I've done. Despite all that, he still loves me which makes me question his sanity sometimes." She exhaled shakily, glancing at the sheriff who looked a bit angry which surprised her.

"You are a good person so don't ever say that you aren't." He told her sternly, placing a hand on her shoulder to look her in the eyes. "Your past doesn't define you. A bad person wouldn't have pushed me out of the way in order to not get hit by a car. A bad person would've let Rafael die but you gave him your blood to heal him. I also know that a bad person wouldn't have payed off everyones bills and bought a lake house to help out their friend." His face softened. "What I'm trying to say, Emily, is that you are a good person and you shouldn't let who you were in the past weigh over your shoulders forever."

She blinked away her tears, refusing to let them fall as she took his words to heart. She gave him a small nod with a tiny smile on her lips. As much as she wanted to give into his words, there was a small part of her that knew that one day she was going to break Stiles heart. And she had a feeling that, that moment was going to come sooner than she planned.

Unaware of her morose thoughts, Stiles came up to them with worry on his face over his best friend who still hadn't shown up. "I think I have to go check on Scott. It's been way too long and he wouldn't be late to the game." He told them.