Johnny Cade ⌲ New Years

Like most nights, you were walking to the curtis's house

Like most nights, you were walking to the curtis's house. The only difference was that it was New Year's eve and you guys were celebrating. You wore your best dress, the one you saved for formal occasions, hoping to impress your crush Johnny. You had liked the boy for ages but never had the guts to say anything. Little did you know, Johnny felt the exact same way. You walked through the door to the house and smiled.

'Happy New Year's everybody!' The boys looked up from what they were doing and smiled at you, giving you a quick response to acknowledge your existence and then looked back to what they were doing. The only look that lingered was Johnny's, which made your face turn bright red. He was sitting on the couch next to Ponyboy, talking about the book they were reading together, Gone With The Wind. You sat down next to Ponyboy and gave him a quick hug, trying to not look at Johnny. The party was going great, everyone except for you, Johnny and Ponyboy were slightly drunk. It was almost midnight. You just had to wait another half an hour. You had successfully not looked at Johnny the whole time which meant you weren't a blushing mess. But of course, that had to change. Ponyboy got up and you looked at him with wide eyes. Please don't leave me alone with Johnny!

'I'm gonna get us all a slice of cake, I'll be back in a minute.' You just stared at your lap, playing with your fingers. You were too scared to look at the boy next to you. Two-Bit, who was fairly drunk, stumbled up to you both and sat down on the floor in front of the couch, leaning on it so he was between you and Johnny.

'Are you guys kidding me?' Two-Bit slurred, looking between the pair. 'You need to stop pretending you don't like each other! (Y/N)!' Two-Bit grabbed your face and squished it. 'Johnny boy here likes you!' You looked at Johnny and he was biting his fingernails, blushing bright red. 'And Johnny!' Two bit grabbed the boy's cheeks just like he had previously done to you. '(Y/N) my friend likes you too! Can you guys just like ...kiss already!?'Two-Bit whined.  You looked at Johnny with wide eyes. Two-Bit crawled away to get himself another drink.

'Y-you like me Johnny?' Johnny looked up at you, cheeks still red.

'Of course (Y/N), y-you're amazing!' You heard the boys start the countdown, scrambling to get in front of the small tv. As the countdown went, you slowly lent towards Johnny and by the time the boys cried out '1', your lips were on Johnny's. His lips melted against yours, kissing you back passionately. He gently placed his hand on your cheek while you placed your hands on his chest. Before anything goes further the boys start to hoot, making you stop. You start to laugh and cover your face. Johnny joins in with your laughter and tucks a loose hair behind your ear.

'Happy new year, (Y/N).' You kiss the boys cheek.

'Happy new year, Johnny.' 

--- 

I literally take forever to upload this is ridiculous ⁂

Thanks for reading ☻

xxx