Mike Waters ⌲ Asleep

You were walking through the supermarket doing your weekly shopping, humming along to the song playing over the speakers

You were walking through the supermarket doing your weekly shopping, humming along to the song playing over the speakers. You were in your own little world, distracted by the groceries you needed. Walking down the cereal aisle you bump into something. Looking down you realise what you just kicked was a boy's head. Dropping your basket full of groceries you check out the boy.

'Oh god please don't be dead.' You try to roll the boy into a comfortable position and so you can see if you know who he is. As his face comes into view you notice his features, his messy sandy coloured hair, his soft lips gently parted - wait, is this dude okay? You shake your head and bend down, placing your ear right above his lips, you hear gentle snores and let out a sigh. He's alive.

'Hey are you okay? Dude? Can you wake up please?' You shake him but nothing happens and after checking his pockets you can't find his address or any form of identity. I guess he's coming home with me. You gradually lift the body up so he's resting on your shoulders, after some help from a worker, pack him and your groceries into your car and drive home. You place the boy on your bed and walk out to put your groceries away. After an hour of stressfully waiting, you hear your bed squeak and feet walking down the hallway. The boy comes into view with wide eyes. You stand up and smile nervously, playing with your fingers. Please don't be mad.

'Uhhh where am I?'

'I don't want to stress you out or anything but I found you at the grocery store fast asleep! I didn't know where you lived and I figured it wouldn't be safe to just leave you there so I brought you home with me... please don't be mad at me or anything I promise you I'm not a pedo.' After your rant you look up at the boy who looks a little less shocked.

'Well I have narcolepsy which means I fall asleep all the time, so I'm used to it. Thank you for looking out for me though, no one really does... I'm Mike by the way.' He awkwardly smiles and rubs the back of his neck.

'Oh it was nothing don't worry about it! I'm (Y/N) by the way.' You get him to sit down and you get him a drink. 'So narcolepsy, if you don't mind me asking, what's that like?' You end up talking for hours with Mike, he even stayed for dinner. You made sure to see Mike as much as you could, so he always had someone there for him when he fell asleep - you even made a wristband for him with your number on it. If you had never gone down that aisle, you would have never met your best friend. 

--- 

· • ● I feel like I'm kinda cheating because My Own Private Idaho and Toy Soldiers are both 1991 but I don't want to make this a 80's and 90's book because that is way too much commitment 😂

Thanks for reading ☻

xxx