Dinger Holfield ⌲ School Assignment

You opened your bedroom door and stepped inside, Dinger following closely behind

You opened your bedroom door and stepped inside, Dinger following closely behind. You two were close, he had been to your house before, but never in your bedroom.

'If you want you can put your stuff down wherever. It doesn't bother me if you sit on my bed.' You put your bag down and take your homework out and place it on your desk. Dinger and you had been assigned to pick a book and present it to the class, explaining why it was good and all of that fun stuff. You hadn't noticed but Dinger was extremely excited about being in your room. He started going through draws and taking it all in. He ended up finding your jewelry box, picking up a random earring and placing it in his ear.

'Cool, thanks (Y/N).' He jumped onto your bed and crossed his legs facing you. 'So what book should we pick.' You sat on your desk chair and swivelled around to face him.

'I have a couple in mind, but i want to hear your ideas first.' Dinger looked up, as if he was concentrating, actually thinking about the question you had just asked him.

'I reckon we should do a comic book. They're all great, easy to read, colourful-' You let out a sigh and roll your eyes.

'We can't do a comic, Dinger. It has to be an actual book.' You laugh at how heartbroken he looks. After a 20 minute discussion you finally agree to reading The Outsiders. It was short, which made Dinger happy, and it was one of your favourite books. You started reading it together, taking notes and talking about what's going on. It was Dinger's turn to read, so you took a break from following the words to look up at him and listen. He was so concentrated on the book he didn't notice you doting. You never told him about your crush, but there was nothing he could do wrong in your books. His eyes, his smile, his voice. As you were admiring him you noticed something hanging from his ear - your earring.

'Dinger, why are you wearing my earring?' The boy looked up with wide eyes, blush spreading across his cheeks straight away.

'Uh, well.' He cleared his throat. 'I thought it looked cool?' You laughed and smiled at the boy.

'Keep it, it suits you.' You bit your lip and looked back at the book, finding the spot you were up to. You suddenly felt lips quickly press onto your cheek. You looked up at the blushing boy and smiled, your heart skipping a beat. You lent in and touched his cheek softly, meeting his lips in the middle. As you kiss you slowly move onto the bed so you were sitting in front of Dinger. He softly sighs and places his arms around your waist. You move back and smile, touching the earring.

'Remind me to thank Mrs Smith for paring us up.' 

--- 

Woah I haven't updated in a while oops ⚑

Btw I just wanted to say thanks for reading my book! I've already had 1k reads and thats pretty cool ♥

Let me know if there's anything in particular you want me to write! ☻