Electric Fence

There was a whoosh, and the world blew by before a firm hand gripped my wrist. I gasped and Derek held me there, hanging out into the air, for a few seconds. That time I thought my heart would stop from the intensity of his stare. Maybe it was the blood rushing to my head, or I might've been seeing stars, but I could've sworn Derek's eyes flashed blue.

    I eyed the rope that was attached to the roof of the barn, that hung down my the outside of the door. I knew if Derek hadn't reached out for me, I would have grabbed it to save me the pain of falling ten feet, but he didn't know that.

    "Derek—" I whispered, still barely able to breathe.

    "Don't ever do that again," he hissed, tugging me back in to safely.

I had hardly a moment to catch my breath before he had me back against the wall and he crushed his lips against mine. The mere force of it would've knocked the wind out of me, had I any left. My hands were in his hair in seconds, a moan stirring in my chest as he sucked on my bottom lip between his teeth. I was certain every inch of me his hard body was against crackled with flames.

Derek's body buzzed with energy and power, in a way I'd barely noticed earlier when we were training. Then it had been a subtle feeling against me, now he was humming with it like an electric fence.

When we parted, I was panting, swaying where I stood, but I knew that Derek would never let me fall. He didn't release his grip on my wrist, or move his hand that had found its way to my waist, he just stared at my lips. "Damn." His breathing was uneven.

"Is it—just the scaring-the-shit-out-of-you thing that I'm not allowed to do again, or—" I smiled, brushing a thumb across his cheekbone into his hair, "that too?"

Derek laughed breathily, leaning in until there was barely an inch between our lips. "I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from doing that again." And with that, his lips were against mine again.

He knew what he was doing, and the thought of where he acquired his skills made my blood rumble. I never wanted those lips anywhere other than on me ever again. All I could think about was those expert lips caressing my own, sucking gently in a way that made my back arch. His lips slid from my mouth to my jaw then to my neck.

God, I loved it when he kissed my neck.

Derek's chuckle was low and rumbling as he nibbled. "You like that?"

My response was a moan as I held him closer, digging into the wall. "What do you think?" I gasped.

"I like hearing you say it," he murmured, kissing my left shoulder, sliding his hand around my back. I imagined for a second what it would feel like for him to slip that hand up the back of my shirt. That definitely sounded like a good idea.

"I really like that," I breathed, grinning as I rested my head against the wall.

"Good," he replied, and I could feel his smirk. My breath was erratic as his lips tiptoed to my collarbone, his dark hair tickling me lightly. He smelled so good. His chest was an unyielding wall of solid muscle and taking off his shirt sounded like a brilliant idea too. I wanted to know what his skin felt like against mine. Oh my God, I was going to combust—

"Are you guys comi—Oh my God!" A high, feminine screech was heard from the other side of the room, and my heart lurched.

Derek's head snapped up, his eyes bright as he beheld my horrified sister across the loft and he didn't waste any time stepping away from me. Any heat that had been building in me quickly vanished from my core and pooled in my cheeks.

"What the fuck, Rosie?!" I hissed, the fourteen-year-old's eyes as wide as dinner plates.

"What the fuck, Lillian?!" she snapped back, her expression blazing. "Jesus Christ, you never said the guy you're having over is your boyfriend!"

Derek's eyes met my narrowed ones as I said, "He isn't my boyfriend."

"Then what the fuck were you doing?"

That was actually a very good question that I didn't have an answer to. And I didn't make a habit of making out with guys casually. Shit. "It's none of your damn business, and if you say anything to Dad, I swear to God I'll kill you," I snarled, stepping away from the wall.

Derek, the traitor, didn't try to hide his smirk as he bit his lip. "Sorry," he murmured to probably both of us, extending his hand as a gesture for me to go ahead of him.

Rosie glanced at him and smiled a little too.

I was going to kill her. If she said anything during dinner I was going to slit her throat with a steak knife, I thought with a grin. Her days were numbered.

A/N: Hey everyone! Thanks for reading.

What do you all think about this chapter?

I love reading reactions and I really love this chapter so I'd love to know what you think!

Cheers,

- TAAF_