Define "Okay"

Lillian's POV

Aside from dealing with Buster and the weird interaction with Scott, my day was more or less normal. Well, normal until the door opened closer to the end of the day. I just about choked on my water.

"Will?"

"Lillian?" Will scoffed in disbelief, making his way to the counter with a dog on a leash beside him. "Since when do you work here?"

"Since a while ago, a bunch of months," I stumbled over the sentence, so taken aback by the presence of my grandfather's old ranch hand. "We live here now."

"Right, you guys moved in after Mr. Gardien died?" Will asked, signalling for his dog to sit. The name of my grandfather made my smile falter for a moment.

"Yeah," I replied. "I live in the loft now."

"How do you like it? I loved it when I lived up there."

I nodded. "It's pretty awesome. Sorry that I kinda stole your job."

When my grandfather died, Will was the one who found him, and when we moved in, he left because we didn't need a ranch hand anymore.

"Ah, it's fine," Will said, light from the window bouncing off his blonde hair as he ran a hand through it. I'd forgotten how attractive he was. When we came to visit my grandparents, I developed a slight crush on him, but since dissolved since last we saw each other. "I work at another barn now, it's all good."

"I'm glad," I said with a smile. "You're doing well?"

Will nodded. "Yeah, things are pretty great."

"Cool," I glanced over the counter at his dog. "What brings you by?"

"I was hoping to get Eclipse some shots, her file should be on there," he nodded toward the computer behind the desk.

I knew Will's last name without asking and quickly found him in the database, along with his dog and what shots she needed.

"Yep. So just the de-worming and Lyme disease?"

"That sounds right," Will confirmed.

"You can bring her back here if you want, or I can just take her," I said, unlatching the swinging door to get behind the desk and toward exam rooms.

"I'll come with you," Will told me. "She can be a bit jumpy."

"Oh, don't worry," I laughed. "I've dealt with my fair share of jumpy animals."

"True," Will chuckled, bringing his frankly beautiful dog around. Her black coat gleamed with white splotches, like the night sky. It was no mystery why Will called her Eclipse. "How's your horse doing?"

"She's good," I answered simply, briefly considering telling him about her accident but realized to was too long and personal a story for me to be willing to share with him. I barely knew him anymore. I helped the dog up onto the exam table before turning to our drawer where we kept shots.

Eclipse took them well, with hardly and squirming or fuss and she was all done and ready to leave within a few minutes.

"It was nice to see you," I said as Will paid the bill for the shots.

"Yeah, you too," he agreed with a grin. "We should maybe go grab coffee sometime, would you be down for that?"

"Uh, sure," I said quickly, closing Eclipse's file after I imputed her updated information.

"Cool, what's your number?" he asked as he pulled out his phone.

I told him.

"Perfect, I'll give you a call sometime!"