Disaster, Apparently

A/N: Okay friends, I'm genuinely so sorry for not updating last week. I've been so busy and stressed with uni. Exams are almost here which means everything else is due this week and it's just been crazy. I forgot to hand something in that was worth 4% and I literally cried over it last night. So that's how I'm doing at the moment.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

- TAAF_

Lillian's POV

Derek was a delightfully warm mass next to me when I woke up. I twisted onto my side, finding him flat on his stomach as he'd been last night. No covers were disturbed around him like he hadn't moved once in the night. He probably hadn't, given how tired I knew his body was. His smooth back rose and fell steadily enough that I knew he was still asleep.

I rose to my knees, crawled closer to him - he hadn't touched me all night - and peered at his sleeping face. I smiled softly at the healthy bloom in his cheeks, so at odds with what it had been hours before. Sun came streaming in from the skylight above us, casting a warm glow on his bare back.

Careful to not wake him, I slid the sheets down to get a look at his injuries, and my eyes bulged at the sight of them gone. His body must have eaten through the dissolvable stitches at inhuman speed, because they were gone, too. I was never going to get used to my boyfriend's--

My thought process stalled on the word. Was he still my boyfriend? I recalled the ten-second make out from last night. How I told him I loved him. How he said it back. Truer words did not exist, expressing how I felt about him. But... I still hadn't told him about Will.

I tried to realize that he probably wouldn't care, because I'd only done it because I was missing Derek, and that he'd understand, but the guilt still weighed on me. I huffed, knowing I'd have to get it off my chest when he woke up. But it didn't look like that was going to happen anytime soon.

My heart dropped as I remembered the blood covering my truck, the evidence of what happened last night. If my dad found it, there would be no rational explanation I could feed him. So I dressed quickly in clothes I didn't care about, knowing I might ruin them too as I cleaned out the bed of my truck and scurried down the stairs, Hudson scampering after me.

I found the hose that was attached to the side of the barn and turned it on, the icy water taking a while to come spritzing out the nozzle. I hopped into the back of the truck, glad I parked it out of the sightline of the house, and blasted the water over the dark blood coating the plastic bottom. I reached down and picked up the remnants of Derek's jacket and shirt, dropping them off the side. I'd deal with that later. And my dad's medical bag. Still hadn't figured that one out.

*

Derek slept until one o'clock that afternoon. By that time I'd managed to hose away the bloody evidence and ditch my dad's bag without him noticing. A small mercy. I didn't think telling my dad about the werewolf thing was the best idea. If we could help it, at least. I'd even had time to go to Derek's house and get some of his clothes.

"I found you some clothes," I said as he sat up, his muscles rippling in the afternoon light, making me reconsider why I'd gone to get them in the first place.

He huffed, grinning at what I was staring at. "Are you sure you want me to have them?"

His tone told me exactly what was on his mind, but I knew I couldn't do anything with him until we'd covered every issue that had arisen since last we were together.

I tossed him a shirt. "Yeah. And don't kill me, but I had to cut your jacket off last night."

"You did what?"