Still Beautiful

A/N: I'm not caught up on season six of Teen Wolf (I know, I'm bad) but I envisioned Murder Song by Aurora for this scene and when I went on YouTube I discovered season six of Teen Wolf beat me to using the song. An interesting coincidence. I definitely recommend listening to the song as you read, especially near the end.

Also, I'm getting really busy with school during March so updates may be sparse for the next couple of weeks but I'll definitely be working on this book more in April!!

So much is revealed in this chapter! I'm very much looking forward to your reactions!!

Cheers,

- TAAF_

Lillian's POV

After what felt like hours, he inhaled sharply, and I was instantly upright. "Derek?"

His eye popped open and he blinked a bunch before looking up at me. "Ow," was all he said for a minute. "What happened?"

"What do you remember?" I asked, moving to brush a hand through his hair, but I stopped myself. The fact that we were broken up came sweeping back into my mind.

"The Alpha..." Derek murmured. "I was talking to Stiles and Scott, and I heard him-- then I--" Derek braced his arms under him, wincing, the muscles in his back rippling like water. "Where did you come from?" he asked softly, his eyes burning holes in me.

"It's a bit of a long story, but I found out you were hurt, Stiles and Scott thought you were dead, and I got you from the school to here."

Derek hissed as he sat up and faced me, his chest heaving. "From our last interaction I would've thought you'd have left me for dead," he said, sitting rigidly, hands curled into fists as he braced himself against the bed of the truck.

"Can we have this conversation after you shower?" I asked, the blood around his mouth and on his chest proving to be a bigger distraction than anticipated.

"You'll let me use your shower?" Derek joked, arching an eyebrow incredulously.

"Good to hear the Alpha didn't kill your sarcasm," I snarked back, sliding over the side of the truck. "Do you need help getting out?"

Derek narrowed his eyes. When he stood, I realised I didn't so much like the sight of him towering over me, black blood covering him. "I think I'm good, thanks."

I gritted my teeth as he jumped out of the truck behind me, but I took note of his suppressed wince when he hit the ground. He flared his nostrils, looking down at me, his gaze soft without its sarcastic edge. "Have you been crying?"

My cheeks heated but I didn't say anything. I turned on my heel and walked away, as he obviously didn't need help getting up the stairs or anything. The second I touched the stairs, I heard Hudson leap off my bed and scamper around my room excitedly. When I opened the door, he was right there. When Derek stepped into the loft, Hudson immediately stopped in front of him to sniff him thoroughly. The dog whined anxiously, looking up at Derek.

"I'm okay, buddy," Derek murmured, scratching Hudson behind his perky ears. I blinked at how normal the interaction was, like Derek hadn't just nearly died or was almost paralysed. My dog seemed to be able to tell there was something off but seemed satisfied by Derek's response.

"I'll just..." Derek put a hand on the doorframe of the bathroom, ticking his tongue. "Be in here."

I nodded, just barely, as I watched him walk in and close the door. I glanced at my own clothes, his blood still covering them. There was no getting the stains out; and I would have to trash the pants at the very least. The knees of the blue jeans were black and dried stiff.