The Feeling of Those Fangs

A/N: First, I'm so sorry my updates have been biweekly recently. There's so much shit going on in my life right now and I'm having a lot of trouble juggling all the balls in the air. I'm going to try to write more this week.

In other news, major warning for this chapter as things are pretty sexual. Hopefully this chapter will get everyone to forgive me for the fact that Derek doesn't have a mate. (Trust me, there's cooler stuff in store :)

Enjoy!

-TAAF_

Lillian's POV

I was surprised I managed to stay awake as long as I did. I brewed cup after cup of tea as Derek and I combed the web for answers about what I was able to do. We'd come up with very little, but I hoped we could find some books from the library at some point. If that didn't turn out, I was thinking of asking my dad. I was through with keeping things from him, and maybe he'd know what was going on with me. My mother wasn't around to ask.

I was on my way to my desk when Derek groaned, pushing my laptop off his lap. "I think I'm done for the night, I need to stretch, my back hurts."

"I thought you were completely healed?" I asked as I poured the water from the steaming kettle into my mug. The aroma of the tea leaves and steam washed over me and up my nose as I turned to Derek. The low light from my fairy lights made his eyes glow.

"On the outside," Derek replied. "It's just soreness," he added, rubbing his lower back with his hand. It didn't look like he could reach it very well.

"Here," I started, standing up and bringing my tea to the side of the bed he was sitting on. I set my mug down on the bedside table and looked down at him expectantly. "Let me do it. Roll over."

He looked at me for a moment, his lips parting like he would protest and say he was fine, but all he said was "Okay," and turned over to lie flat on his stomach.

"May I?" I asked, lifting the bottom of his shirt and resting my hand on the small of his back. At the confirming "Mhm," I pressed my thumb into the muscular column to the left of his spine and slid it up and down, feeling for tightness under his skin. I pulled his shirt up until it was resting over the middle of his ribcage and used both hands on either side of his back. I applied more and more pressure as I maneuvered my hands until Derek groaned and arched his back just so. I stopped. "Is that where it hurts?"

"Mm," he murmured into the pillow, tilting his head to the side so I could hear him better. "Please don't stop."

I chuckled a bit and took a sip of my tea before getting back to his tight muscles. His back was chock-full of them, and bit by bit, through Derek's growls and groans, the tautness gave way to a smoother-feeling, softer anatomy. Not that any part of his back was soft to begin with. As I massaged him, I marvelled at the strength beneath his skin, something I doubted I would ever get tired of.

It still blew my mind that only last night his back was in ribbons under my hands. He was so close to death, at least it seemed that way to me. Yet, it seemed like a lifetime ago. Twenty-four hours was too small an amount of time to contain everything that had happened.

"How does it feel now?" I asked, lighting working my hands still.

"Good," he replied, his voice lined with satisfaction and relaxation. He rolled onto his back a moment later and sat up. "Thank you," he said as he wrapped his hand around the back of my neck and pulled me in for a kiss.

"Do you want me to do the rest of your back?" I asked, resting my hands under his shirt at his hips. "If you do, you'll have to take this off."

"Shame," Derek huffed, immediately pulling the garment off by the bottom and chucking it onto the floor with a smirk. "What do you want to do?"