Chapter 16

Song: 'Happiness - Red Velvet'

Sorry for slow updates recently! Sometimes, I come back to finish off a chapter to see that it's gone! I get slightly annoyed, but normally shrug it off and start re-writing it. The next day, I come back and it's back! So, of course, I publish the original (which had mysteriously disappeared for a bit). I always manage to get it back somehow anyway.

---

Dun dun dun! How will you react to your friend telling them your bias?

We'll see...

---

(Y/N) POV:

"Well?" I ask.

"They were going to find out at some point..." Joy mumbled guiltily.

"How much of it did you hear?" she asks.

"Only the BTS part." I answer. I could hear a few sighs of relief. I just shake my head and get back into my seat. I continue to eat my food. Some people eat too, but most are silent. Yikes, awkward.

---

Joy POV:

I feel sorry for (Y/N). I didn't want to have to tell them. It's really awkward now, only (Y/N) and two people from SEVENTEEN were eating. The rest definitely weren't finished, they just didn't know what to do.

"How's it going for Red Velvet, Joy?" (Y/N) suddenly asks.

"Oh, uh, yeah we get along well. We've already recorded a song, which we'll film the music video tomorrow. I'm quite excited. I think the song is called 'Happiness'." I tell her. She nods.

"I'll make sure that I'm the first person to buy it on iTunes." (Y/N) smiles to me. I'm relieved that she isn't too angry at me. Normally, she would chase me around with one of her giant trainers (her feet are so big for an average woman you have to see) and, since she's really good at athletics, would catch up with me.

"Also, when will we start working with you, (Y/N)?" Jin, who I think is from BTS, asks (Y/N).

"Dunno, none of the 'bosses' have said yet." she replies.

"What type of music are you going to do?" Baekhyun asks.

"Probably hiphop/rap, I'm terrible at vocals. My voice cracks and I sound like turtles having sex. I don't think I'll be in a group either, but maybe I'll be collaborating quite a lot." she tells them. Some people snort at what she said her voice sounds like.

"I'm on debate on whether (Y/N) will have mostly fanboys or fangirls. I'm really confused." Suho says. Everyone nods in agreement and looks confused.

"Which would you rather have?" Asks Jeonghan.

"I don't know, the fanboys could be creepy pervs and the fangirls can be quite sassy. Of course, that's only some of the fans. Most are nice peeps." (Y/N) replies quickly.

"More like you're the perv..." I giggle.

"Well, sorry for knowing a lot of 'things'" (Y/N) says back.

"But (Y/N), in high-school you were that one creepy perverted girl. In science when we were pumping air into something and that annoying girl said 'Go faster!', you'd say in the background 'THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!' and stuff." I tell her. The boys just stare at her.

"Eh, that's pretty true." (Y/N) replies, nodding her head slightly.

---

(Y/N) POV:

After that strange lunch, me and Joy were in my room, getting ready to video call one of our old friends.

"I wonder if she's changed much..." Joy asks.

"It's only been a few months, Joy." I say. I get the app open on my laptop. Scrolling down, I say 'ah' as I see our friend in my contacts. Scroll, click, bleep.

"Oh, Joy! (Y/N)! Haven't seen you for YEARS!" Our friend Amethyst said happily. She isn't really into K-Pop, she doesn't like Starbucks and loves memes. Other than the K-Pop bit, we have some similarities.

"It's only been a few months. Have you found a job and stuff?" I ask.

"Well... there was only a few choices that I could do while going to extra school. And the best one was... *sigh*" Amethyst starts.

"The best on was..?" Joy questions.

"I HAVE TO WORK AT FREAKING MCDONALDS!" Amethyst screams, looking annoyed.

"Anyway, what about you? As I remember, Joy wanted to become a Korean idol."

"Yes! I've got a part in a band called 'Red Velvet'." Joy squeels happily.

"What about (Y/N)? Bet she works as some professor at the Korea's top university or something." Amethyst smirks, earning a scoff from me.

"No! Just because I used to be a nerd... anyway, I'm going to become a solo-artist." I explain. Amethyst starts choking on her Oreo milkshake. After several times patting herself hard on her chest, she manages to talk again.

"You're going to become a ching-chong singer too? I thought you were terrible at singing!" Amethyst retorts.

"HEY! Thought you were better than that, don't be offensive... Anyway guess what? I get to live with BTS, EXO and SEVENTEEN! Hehehehehe..." I correct Amethyst.

"I'm only winding you up. Are you planning to hook up with all the boys?" asks Amethyst.

"Pfft, I wish. I'm probably not their type. You know, you see on teen magazines the interviews they give the bands. They ask the same question: 'What is your ideal type?'. And, of course, they say something like 'Caring, cute, short skirts, long flowing hair etc.' so probably no chance. I bet they still doubt that I'm actually a female." I start saying. Joy nods as I talk.

"Well, it's not like you actually have FEELINGS for any of them, do you?" Amethyst wiggles her eyebrows. Joy stares at me, wanting to know.

"They're attractive but nah, idol's aren't really allowed to date here. Get too much hate and that's just too complicated for me." I simply answer.

"Fair enough." Both Joy and Amethyst say.

"Ah, I have to go now. Cya~"

"Bye Amethyst!" We wave at her, and the screen goes blank.

---

It was around 4:30, and most people were doing other things in different rooms. I was just a lump on the sofa, half napping with the TV remote in my hand. I was about to sleep when my phone vibrated.

BTS' baws:

Hello, (Y/N). Please come to SM Town's building tomorrow at 9 am sharp. We wi-

(Tap to see more)

I immediately tap on the message, putting in my pin.

BTS' baws:

Hello, (Y/N). Please come to SM Town's building tomorrow at 9 am sharp. We will record your first song, which will be available in Korean, Japanese and English. You will see your producer when you come, I just feel like keeping it a surprise. Please do not be late.

WELL OH WELL OH WELL.

Big Bangtan's daddy just told me that I'm recording tomorrow.

I actually can't wait to see who this producer guy is going to be.

---

Who do you think is going to be the producer?

Hint: Mint hair.

Oops! I think that was too much, hehe...

See you in the next chapter!

(I had to use an uncommon name like 'Amethyst' because it might be annoying for you guys if she had the same name as you)